Problem mounting Sata HDD 2.5"

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I have a problem mounting HDD
I have installed a Toshiba 2.5” 1TB SATA connected all cables and so on!
Reboot box and go in to setup-system/ Hard Drive and I can see the installed HDD there, I then press to initialize.
The screen then says Initializing for around 40 seconds, I do another reboot and go to device Manager and see the unmounted Toshiba HDD, I press red to mount (media/hdd) and do a reboot, go back to Device Manager and HDD still says unmounted
I have tried changing drivers, removed any usb sticks while mounting HDD

Regards

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
Try to format and mount your HDD in BH blue panel (press blue button on RC twice).
Hi paolino

The problem is that i don't get the option to format.
Just wondering whether it will be easier to remove drive from box and with a Sata to Usb connect to my laptop and format to EXT3.

Regards

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I don't remember exactly what image I used for formatting mine WD Black 750 GB. It was OpenPLi or more probably VTI (it was 7 weeks ago). When I installed BH 1.7.9-3, everything worked fine and HDD was recognized and mounted without any problem.
Make your system backup to USB and try with those other images.

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
I don't remember exactly what image I used for formatting mine WD Black 750 GB. It was OpenPLi or more probably VTI (it was 7 weeks ago). When I installed BH 1.7.9-3, everything worked fine and HDD was recognized and mounted without any problem.
Make your system backup to USB and try with those other images.

I guess it’s too early to quit trying with this Image!

With the HDD installed I will re install a fresh BH Image and see if it mounts.
Failing that I will try other images
I'll post findings over weekend
Regards

paolino

Vu+ User+++

Regards
I'll try to find this evening a solution for BH, when I'll get back to home.

Mito

Administrator

Regards
You can make a full backup of your BH image, then install an official image and try to format your hdd.
Finally you can restore the BH full backup.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
You can make a full backup of your BH image, then install an official image and try to format your hdd.
Finally you can restore the BH full backup.
You are right, now I remember me what I was doing at Xmas! I didn't have an internet connection at that moment (and for a next week too) and I formated HDD with original image which was preinstalled in my just new Solo2.

komodo

Vu+ User
Do you have entry in fstab file ?

Look at /etc/fstab if there is entry for your hdd, if yes, then it should work.

I have this

/dev/sda1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

komodo

Vu+ User

Regards

Hi, do not reinstall please.

First you need to find out if it's formatted and then you can try another things.

Are you able to login via ssh or telnet and run some linux commands ?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi
I have a problem mounting HDD
I have installed a Toshiba 2.5” 1TB SATA connected all cables and so on!
Reboot box and go in to setup-system/ Hard Drive and I can see the installed HDD there, I then press to initialize.
The screen then says Initializing for around 40 seconds, I do another reboot and go to device Manager and see the unmounted Toshiba HDD, I press red to mount (media/hdd) and do a reboot, go back to Device Manager and HDD still says unmounted
I have tried changing drivers, removed any usb sticks while mounting HDD

Regards
Hi carwash! I did a check on my BH 1.7.9-3. HDD WD 750 GB, USB Flash Kingston Data Traveler SE9. Both are working well (Timeshift, Recording to HDD, then reading, copying and deleting files from USB Flash)!

BUG FOUND?

Going to BH Extra Settings (twice blue button on RC), next Devices Manager it shows to me, that both drives are not mapped but they are working without any problem.
I can see and browse my HDD and USB Flash with File Manager without any problems, so check with File Manager or other browser (I'm using DreamExplorer), if the drives are working OK.

Let the Device Manager to sleep, it seems, that is tired :shout:.

komodo

Vu+ User
Hi carwash! I did a check on my BH 1.7.9-3. HDD WD 750 GB, USB Flash Kingston Data Traveler SE9. Both are working well (Timeshift, Recording to HDD, then reading, copying and deleting files from USB Flash)!

BUG FOUND?

Going to BH Extra Settings (twice blue button on RC), next Devices Manager it shows to me, that both drives are not mapped but they are working without any problem.
I can see and browse my HDD and USB Flash with File Manager without any problems, so check with File Manager or other browser (I'm using DreamExplorer), if the drives are working OK.

Let the Device Manager to sleep, it seems, that is tired :shout:.

Hi, i have the same behaviour and disk was working, that's why i ask to check fstab.

But when i do Mountpoints (Red) then choose /media/hdd and Save and reboot everything seems to be ok, as you can see on the screenshot.

Attachments

• screenshot_2013-02-07_20-11-38.png
    screenshot_2013-02-07_20-11-38.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 35

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

Just updating some progress on this topic but different issue has arisen!

1) I did check fstab file and file says: /dev/sda1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0
2) Flashed receiver with original image, mounted HDD successfully
3) Re-flashed with my full Backup and had to remount HDD again and successfully
The problem that I have now is that the box can work for about an hour or two with no problems, but all of the sudden as soon as I change channels/Cam the box freezes and I can’t even use RC.
The pictures stay on but I lose Remote control functions and the only way is switching off and on at back of receiver

This Freezing problem only started since I Flashed receiver with Vu+ Solo2 open source (original image)

paolino

Vu+ User+++
It seems, that there is something wrong with your Full Backup. Try to make Personal Backup, reflash with fresh BH and restore your personal backup.
I didn't have any freezing problem with none of the official image.

But be careful! You didn't have HDD in your box before, now yes and How is your fan doing? Did you install fancontrol2 or tempcontrol? Because by default, there is nothing installed to make work your fan.