Problem with updating images

Sturmer

Vu+ Newbie
Hi from Marco in Italy.
Sorry to bother you all with my problem.
I just bought a scarcely used vu+duo from Ebay Germany, and all seemed to work flawlessly, but now I am experiencing a strange problem.
The admin of an italian related forum suggested me to post this here to ask you expert if You have any clues...

I cannot update via usb (wish to put the latest blackhole), the update usb key isn't recognized at startup.
I already tried to reformat the key (and it works) and to reload the blackhole, but without any success.
I resetted the unit to factory defaults (I found installed an old vti of november 2010), but again, without success..
I hadn't installed any hard drive yet, can this be the problem?
The usb key seems to be recognized anyway, as an errno1 message appears (fat32 not recognized...), but the 3 blackhole files aren't read at startupto make the upgrade, but a timeshift file is anyway written on the usb key

Can anyone suggest me how to proceeed? is my unit faulty?
How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Marco

Matrix10

Administrator
1.Format FAT32 USB stick (Windows PC)
2.You must copy the folder with name /vuplus/duo/ and 3 files and not just files
3.PlugUSB front USB
4.turned on the switch VUduo
======
If it does not help then try with other USB stick.

a911

The BH Lover
Hi Marco
Do not know if vu + comes with vti image as original factroy image!!!!

However check @ The Official Web Site of Vu+ (http://vuplus.com/) for quick installation with USB!
Then will see what can be done next!

Sturmer

Vu+ Newbie
2.You must copy the folder with name /vuplus/duo/ and 3 files and not just files
3.PlugUSB front USB
======
If it does not help then try with other USB stick.

Hi from Marco.

I will try with another usb stick, as I already had tried to format that one usb, and the files are in the correct path.
Is it correct to follow the instruction in vuplus.com, provided that they are about the vuplus solo?

Thanks,
Marco

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi from Marco.

I will try with another usb stick, as I already had tried to format that one usb, and the files are in the correct path.
Is it correct to follow the instruction in vuplus.com, provided that they are about the vuplus solo?

Thanks,
Marco

The instructions are the same on vuplus.com.Of course you can use them.

3.PlugUSB front USB

Sturmer

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for Your kind help.
The culprit was my usb stick (but I don't know why, as it currently works with winxp...).
Anyway it worked with another stick...

Thanks!