problems with meoboot!!!

Tony Heaton

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone, I am experiencing issues with Meoboot!

I am fairly new to the linux scene since April and now have the basics covered so I thought I would try to go a little deeper and start using a multi boot so as to play with different images.

The problem I have is as follows: I installed BH 1.6 in flash and then installed Meoboot on USB drive (no problem so far). Then I tried to load my first image into Meoboot using an nfi backup of a Vix 2.1 image I had. It all seemed to go ok but when it rebooted it just hung over the boot logo, it did nothing for over 10 mins. I tried rebooting the machine and selected the flash image to boot from but again all I got to was the boot logo and no further. I reflashed my box again and tried with a different secondary image, this time it was VTi but same issue so I tried a third time and this time I tried another BH image and still no joy.

Is there anything I am missing here as I just can't seem to get Meoboot to work.

silly_me

Vu+ Newbie
That happened exactly as you report it - to me.

I get the boot logo, then the meoboot screen, then bh logo - then it hangs.... *-(

I had to wipe and reinstall the image.

Im leaving meoboot well alone:mad:

a911

The BH Lover
Hello everyone, I am experiencing issues with Meoboot!

I am fairly new to the linux scene since April and now have the basics covered so I thought I would try to go a little deeper and start using a multi boot so as to play with different images.

The problem I have is as follows: I installed BH 1.6 in flash and then installed Meoboot on USB drive (no problem so far). Then I tried to load my first image into Meoboot using an nfi backup of a Vix 2.1 image I had. It all seemed to go ok but when it rebooted it just hung over the boot logo, it did nothing for over 10 mins. I tried rebooting the machine and selected the flash image to boot from but again all I got to was the boot logo and no further. I reflashed my box again and tried with a different secondary image, this time it was VTi but same issue so I tried a third time and this time I tried another BH image and still no joy.

Is there anything I am missing here as I just can't seem to get Meoboot to work.

I use meoboot, all the times,,,never encounterd what U saying!

Try deffrent USB stick!
And there are few posts here @forum,,,,try and read them they may be helpful!

Tony Heaton

Vu+ Newbie
I have tried with 3 different USB sticks. The one I am using currently is a Corsair Voyager 8GB and is formatted with native linux by the box. It is working with all other applications fine but Meoboot is not. I even tried installing on the HDD (I know, not recommended) and it just green screened on me so required re-flash.

a911

The BH Lover

Tony Heaton

Vu+ Newbie
I think there was an issue with my flash image because I reflashed with a different image and restored my settings from PB and it works fine now.