Solo Random and very strange problems

curt_nedim

Vu+ Newbie
Hallo i know that i have only 3 post's on the forum, but I really appreciate this community and rather making not useful post's and making it hard for other members to find the really important thread's, I read a lot and on only the last opportunity is make a new thread..

Searching trough the Forum for something simillar did'nt result in anything.. I know that there are thread's that explain why and how you can replace bad cap's on the PSU and on the MB.

But my Solo is acting very strange...
At startup it takes 3-5 minutes before i see the Splash screen, but then my box boot's correctly and i can watch, ssh, switch channels.. and do normally all the stand. thing's it should do..
But then randomly the picture Freezes and i cant do nothing but a reset, or power chord out of the wall trick to get to the same 3-5 minutes waiting time to see my Splash screen!

I have figured out that it is raleted with a power issue, but cant find the right component what's causing my trouble

duggy

Vu+ Newbie
Did you try and check the serial output to see what the delay is?.

I think if you telnet onto the box after its booted, you can capture the bootlog via command "dmesg" , but attaching via serial is much better. That is what I would do to start with.

curt_nedim

Vu+ Newbie
Did you try and check the serial output to see what the delay is?.

I think if you telnet onto the box after its booted, you can capture the bootlog via command "dmesg" , but attaching via serial is much better. That is what I would do to start with.

No i did not, I have a RS323 cable lying in my room, but never done it because i didn't saw how the SerOut would give me some info's about my problem, when "dmesg" didn't gave me anything that I could recognize ad the fault..

But I'l give it a try, thanks for your suggestion!

duggy

Vu+ Newbie
output in dmesg has 2 issues
1) it gets overwritten with later events as its not infinite in size
2) IIRC its not populated until the box is partly booted. you want all the info, right from the very start of the boot.

Connect to the box, I use terraterm, serial port at baud rate 115200

curt_nedim

Vu+ Newbie
output in dmesg has 2 issues
1) it gets overwritten with later events as its not infinite in size
2) IIRC its not populated until the box is partly booted. you want all the info, right from the very start of the boot.

Connect to the box, I use terraterm, serial port at baud rate 115200

:D :D That's a standard "ME" debugging situation...
Got everything set-up, Serial-Cable attached, Com Port opened with 115200 BR and what happened??
Everything work's like a charm, tried extreme zapping trough channels, opened Mediaportal plugin to stress the box, but no performance increase.. :lol::lol:

Anyway, I will let it run with the RS323 cable connected and just wait for the freeze to happen..
I' guess there is no way to speed it up?? lol

duggy

Vu+ Newbie
keep serial cable attached. When my box froze with bad images flashed, the box would not respond but there was lots of debug coming out of the serial port.