Sat Not Found Solo2

fincaman

Vu+ Newbie
Hello All, I have just purchased a Solo2 to replace my icecrypt 1600. The satellite I wish to view is Intelsat 907 but it is not on the list, I have tried using Intelsat 605 and changing the frequency, symbol rate and polarization but the scan finds nothing. I have done a firmware update

Mick12334

Intelsat 907, 27.5W, is in my satellite list.
What image are you running?
Do you have a fixed dish, or motorized?
Were you receiving this satellite prior to changing your receiver?
Can you get any other satellites?
Where is your general location, e.g. North East UK, and what size dish are you using?

fincaman

Vu+ Newbie
Intelsat 907, 27.5W, is in my satellite list.
What image are you running?
Do you have a fixed dish, or motorized?
Were you receiving this satellite prior to changing your receiver?
Can you get any other satellites?
Where is your general location, e.g. North East UK, and what size dish are you using?

Hello and thanks for your help

I don't know what you mean by "Image"
Fixed dish
Icecrypt works fine
I only want this Satellite it is Not in the list (Intelsat 605 is where it should be) and the box is brand new and the firmware is updated
I am in southern Spain

Mick12334

It sounds ike you have the original firmware on it.
Images are like software operating systems, the original version comes from vuplus.com, and you can go there and get the latest version, but other images, from dedicated enthusiasts, are available, like Black Hole, which you can get from this forum.
The satellites are in a list, in the software, the satellites.xml file, which can be found in the etc folder, tuxbox sub folder.
Using FileZilla, or other FTP program, copy the satellites.xml file to your computer desktop, open this with microsoft office excel, or other excel software, and you can view all the satellites in your list. Alternatively you can replace your old satellites.xml file with a new one containing 27.5W.

fincaman

Vu+ Newbie
It sounds ike you have the original firmware on it.
Images are like software operating systems, the original version comes from vuplus.com, and you can go there and get the latest version, but other images, from dedicated enthusiasts, are available, like Black Hole, which you can get from this forum.
The satellites are in a list, in the software, the satellites.xml file, which can be found in the etc folder, tuxbox sub folder.
Using FileZilla, or other FTP program, copy the satellites.xml file to your computer desktop, open this with microsoft office excel, or other excel software, and you can view all the satellites in your list. Alternatively you can replace your old satellites.xml file with a new one containing 27.5W.

Hello Again, I have been to the VU+ Solo2 download site there are 20 files to choose from with no dates on them I picked the top one with the largest number, updated with that but the satellite is still not there, where on the forum can I get the Black Hole software ? I have searched but it just brings me back to this post

fincaman

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Again sorry I have had a visitor, I have checked my box and it is not a clone, I have installed the latest version of Blackhole, I have set the satellite to intelsat 907 when I go to scan it says "nothing to scan" I now can't find where to check that the frequency and symbol rate are correct. I am just using one LNB feed which works on the Icecrypt is that OK.

fincaman

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Again, out of frustration I used "multisat" scan and it found the satellite and the services I now have the thorny problem of putting the BISS keys in can you help ?

fincaman

Vu+ Newbie
Hello again, thanks for all your help, it looks like I wasted my money on the VU+ it just goes to show that spending more doesn't always get you more

Basil

Vu+ User
Hello again, thanks for all your help, it looks like I wasted my money on the VU+ it just goes to show that spending more doesn't always get you more
The box you have now is better than what u had before, u only need to get used to it by reading around the forum, ask questions and play with the box, u will fall in love with the box when u get used to it. And by the way, BlackHole Image is the best in my opinion.

starskyman

Vu+ Newbie
Shame someone cannot put some time into cracking this issue. The actual channels are free to veiw! That is not the issue. I have three different sat boxes to watch TV in the costa del sol. I would prefer to use the VU2 Solo for all!!!!!!

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
I don't know what the issue is?I have Vhannibal channel list installed on my Solo2 and went to 27.5 but where I am and the location of my dish I can't get a lock on the satellite but it is on the list and it's trying to get a signal.Obviously if you can get that satellite with your other boxes you should be able to get it with your Vu.I'm using Blackhole 2.1.4 by the way.

Mick12334

There are very few channels on 27.5W, the main ones being the BBC channels, which are encrytped, and require extra files, transferred across, using a FTP program, to get them to scan in, including one called lamedb.
Because they are encrypted I don't think we are allowed to discuss it any further, but it is not a problem with the VU+, as other enigma 2 receivers seem to have the same problem.

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
I see.I never use that sat anyway but I can see that it's BBC and other stuff we get for free.So are you saying they are not fta on that sat?Didn't know that.

Mick12334

The BBC is only supposed to be FTA for those paying the television license fee.
They recently changed satellite beams, at 28.2E, to more of a spot beam, which stopped many ex-pats viewing them, and 27.5W became a very popular alternative:
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-907.html

starskyman

Vu+ Newbie
This is a problem that some people have cracked and are not putting it out thier! I would just like to say this thread is about receiving Freesat channels that is available north of Almeria in Spain.

I have Icecrypt 3500 & 1600, Edision nano & Optimuss 3 in 1 all receiving the Freesat channels.

I just want it on my VU Solo 2. Frustrated

Mick12334

The channels on Intelsat 907, 27.5W, are not FTA, Free To Air, they are encrypted, using BISS.
They can be obtained, using a VU+ receiver, but that is not something I'm interested in, or can discuss.
Try searching, the internet, the information is not hidden, but you will have to do quite a bit of research, and learn how to use tour VU+ Solo 2.