Scan Problem

kiki0077

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there,
I Tried to scan 12476 H for super tennis, but my vu plus cannot find services on that frequency. I'm using lyngsat.com to find my tv chanels. On the same satellite, Hot Bird, and on Astra (they are configured on the same tuner) I' m already watching DVB-S and DVB-S2 tv without any problem. I cannot find why I cannot get super tennis on 12576 H DVB-S2. Thank you

Mick12334

Is it 12476 or 12576, you've mentioned both?
Never heard of Super Tennis, can you please tell us which satellite itr's on, you've mentione 19E and 13E.

Mick12334

Just did a manual scan, on 13E, 12476 H 29900 DVB-S2 8PSK 3/4 and had no prblem, 19 channels scanned in and when I checked one of them was SuperTennis HD.

kiki0077

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
thanx for your help Mick, I finaly managed to get the channel, It seems that my dish isn't big enough (60 cm in the South of France) to get both astra and hot birb. I spent the afternoon on the roof to re-adjust the dish. I managed to get super tennis on hotbird and the astra quality is arround 65%. I think if it's raining I'll lose the two stellites. I noticed that on some frequencies, the signal is stronger and quality is better than others.

Mick12334

Some satellites have different beams, the area they are mainly focused at, and the strength they broadcast outside that area.
If you use a site like lyngsat.com you will see a beam link, which generally provides a map showing approximately how big a dish you will need to get the channel.

kiki0077

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you, I thnink I cannot get more of my dish which I bought thirteen years ago, I'm going to change it, for a G4, inorder to get astra 28° for UK free chenels. Thank you for your help.

Petrushka

Vu+ Newbie
I am having exactly the same trouble. I have been watching channels on Hotbird for years. Recently Supertennis moved to transponder 12476. When I did a scan, every transponder but 12476 came in very strongly. I have changed everything but the receiver (a Vuplus ultimo), to no effect. Can anyone suggest why 12476 should differ from every other transponder?

Mick12334

There is no problem, with that frequency, I just scanned it in, 11 channels, including supertennis HD.
12476 H 29900 DVB-S2 8PSK 3/4

If you still can't manually scan it in try re-booting your VU+, via the menu options, then try scanning again.

Petrushka

Vu+ Newbie
I already tried that 4 or 5 times. Whether I do a manual scan or a blind scan, the ultimo finds nothing on Hotbird 12476. Any more ideas?

Mick12334

Back up your channel list, and other settings, do a fresh install, of the latest black Hole, but don't import any back ups, then do a manual scan, of that frequency, and see if it scans in.

Petrushka

Vu+ Newbie
Installed the latest firmware, no effect. Tried a different receiver, and it found no channels on Hotbird transponder 12476. I will now try a different dish.

Petrushka

Vu+ Newbie
  1. Does anyone who lives in or near Essex UK get channels on Hotbird transponder 12476 with a high signal to noise ratio?

Mick12334

I thought you were going to try another dish/LNB setup?
There is no problem, with the receiver, and those channels, so look elsewhere.
First please post a few channel frequencies, on 13E, along with your signal quality readings, both Horizontal, and Vertical, channels.

el bandido

Vu+ User
Some lnbs will have problems with the exact frequency, or the transponder information could be wrong. Doing a blindscan will allow the lnb to search for frequencies that it can lock instead of asking the lnb to lock a frequency from a satellite file.

Petrushka

Vu+ Newbie
I just did a blind scan on Hotbird 13 with 3 LNBs in turn (each of them claimed to be of exceptionally high quality). They found, respectively, 1245, 1405 and 1540 channels, not including any on transponder 12476. The signal strengths of a few channels after the 3rd scan are:
SNR
CBS Action 59
Das Erste 50
ESP International 51
Italia 1 45
Polsat 57
Roma TV 49
The signal strengths vary if I keep watching a channel, and in some cases, occasionally drop to zero.
I have noticed that the brightness of the display on the front of my Ultimo varies quite a bit from day to day, just in case that means anything.

Mick12334

Those are poor signal quality readings, but signal quality depends on your general location, and the size of your dish.
Given that HD channels generallky require more signal quality, than SD channels, you need to supply some more information:
General Location?
Dish Size?
Is it a motorized ish, fixed dish, with one, or several, LNB's?
The loss of signal could be due to trees, or cabling issues, especially if the braid has been cut, damaged, due to weather.
fit a F connector.jpg

el bandido

Vu+ User
A LNB usually works or does not work. It would be unusual for a lnb to miss the 12476 tp but get other tps on the same bird if everything is set and adjusted correctly.

Check dish alignment , and make sure the lnb is set correctly on the dish.

Petrushka

Vu+ Newbie
Location Essex, 90cm dish, 3 LNBs. No trees in the way. I just replaced the cable with a brand new one of high quality for the second time. A blind scan of Hotbird then found 1706 channels, but none on 12476. I adjusted the position of the LNB using a signal strength meter. I get an excellent picture on HD channels on all transponders other than 12476. I am beginning to suspect that I have to replace the receiver just to see if that fixes the problem, even though no one has suggested that it may be the cause.