Seeking Sat setup advice

E11even

Vu+ Newbie
Hi experts,

I'm looking for advice on upgrading my existing satellite setup since the recent changes on the Hispasat 30W offering.

Current setup:

- Selfsat H30D2+ Flat Antenna with twin LNB, mounted on the balcony (cannot have sat dish on the building), pointing at Hispasat 30W.
- Vu+ Solo2 (running Open BlackHole) in the Living Room, with both DVB-S2 tuners connected to the selfsat (2 Coax cables + flat sections through a closed window)
- Wetek Play (running OpenATV 6.0) in the Bedroom, connected to LAN only, configured with Remote Fallback tuner pointing to the Solo2.

This setup was fine for my needs which are to have the ability to see two different Hispasat channels (or watch one and record another) at any given time, in any of the receivers. Recently, half of these channels were removed from Hispasat and are now only present on Astra 19.2E.

I've also purchased a Vu+ Uno 4K SE with DVB-S2 FBC, thought to replace the Solo2, so I could also watch a few sports channels in 4k in the living room, but have not installed it yet.

Due to my limited knowledge on these topics, my initial thought was:

- to just get a second Selfsat Antenna for the balcony for Astra 19.2
- run another pair of coax through the window
- just use the two receivers (solo2 and Uno 4k SE) each connected to both antennas - one for connecting to the TV and the other for streaming to the Wetek Play and recordings.

However this setup seems a bit messy with the 4 cable runs and possibly some usability issues and conflicts with timeshiftimg and instant recordings, etc...

I see the Uno 4K SE tuner supports FBC and there are also some Selfsat antennas with Unicable support (H21D SCR, H21DCSS, etc). The more I search and read about it, the more confused I get and it's a bit overwhelming. Ideally, I believe I should be looking for a solution using the Uno 4K only with minimum cables possible while minimizing the investment needed (new antenna, unicable combiner, etc)

it would be great if someone could steer me in the right direction before I spend money any further $$$ on this.

Thank you in advance and apologies for the long post.