Set where recordings should be stored

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

Is it possible to set where I want the recordings should be placed? I have one internal HD on my VU+ Solo 2 and one attached USB stick. I plan to add one more USB drive and I want to store my recordings there. They are now stored on my internal HD.

OBH 4.3

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Yes (or not) ... you can put another USB stick and make the moint as media/video and inside this stick create the movie folder. Then you have to point the recording over there. Now is the writing speed sufficient to support a recording? Nothing with testing ...

AlexWilMac

Hi
Is it possible to set where I want the recordings should be placed? .
OBH 4.3
Before all, make clear your intention. If you want always choose where do you want to record or, instead, if you want the chance of choosing a different path for each recording.

In the first case (although I guess the real reason under this "strange" question...) I'd ask: why, on earth, having a HDD connected (that uses a fast SATA bus connection) and using a slow USB?
If the reason is to connect to a PC to play your files, there are two "philosophical" issues in your approach:

a) You can always transfer your recording by a simple software like Filezilla or simply by the operative system itself, connecting to your VU+ /media/hdd/movie folder.

b) Instead of using a slow USB connection, risking troubles with the recording, particularly under OBH is very easy to copy elsewhere your recording. Ever tried to press MENU after selecting a recording in your Rec List? Obviously, you need to MAP your USB device, as p.rodrigues said.

If, instead, you want to choose a different device each time (taken that what I wrote in a) and b) is again valid) you need to set this choice by a Timer, where you can choose whatever path you like.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
I wanted to store all recordings on the external USB drive, there should not be an issue with bandwidth because the use of USB 2, I have used external USB drives before on other receivers (not VU+ receivers though) without issues. So I dont want seperate storage for seperate recording but wonder if I can configure where to store all recordings.