Setting USB Port

rosfe

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

i'd like known if it's possible make a setting in vu+ duo that when i but in standby the decoder also the ports usb go offline, and back on when it turn on again.

io put a cooler usb and so i want turn off it whren vu+ goes in standby

Best Regards

a911

The BH Lover
Hi,

i'd like known if it's possible make a setting in vu+ duo that when i but in standby the decoder also the ports usb go offline, and back on when it turn on again.

io put a cooler usb and so i want turn off it whren vu+ goes in standby

Best Regards

Very interesting observation!
How do U know that the USB port is not off if the STB is on stand by?

rosfe

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, i'm sure because if i attach a usb cooler (example) ports is active and make power 500mah
I think there's a way to keep a USB device powered off when the decoder is in standby (like happen when it is in deep/sleep mode since the USB port can't power itself. However, some low-power devices can continue working (it's my case?) It just depends on what is plugged into the port? or it'is a bios setting...?
I know well pc and i know decoder are other world i'm a rookie....so...

Best Regards

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
In simple standby all the USB ports are still perfectly active, as the receiver can continue operating (recording, streaming, ftp, telnet, epg download, ctc), only the video output is disabled.

Only in deep standby the receiver shuts down all these processes.

rosfe

Vu+ Newbie
In simple standby all the USB ports are still perfectly active, as the receiver can continue operating (recording, streaming, ftp, telnet, epg download, ctc), only the video output is disabled.
Correct, would be useful have a setting for these...but just usb for me will be fine :)