Shaking Subtitles Problem?

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Hey guys,

I hope "shaling subtitles" is not a huge mistake to tell this problem here :D

I just want to share a video that I have shot to show you how it's disturbing to see not stable subtitles (broadcaseted by channels). Please take a look especially after 30 seconds of the below video. As far as I know this can not be fixed by image developlers but only Vu+ developers, right?

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
is it on all videos with subtitles ?

Nope, i.e. If I watch SKT IT channels with subtitles there are no issues.

This problem is only for the channels like CNBC which broadcast "sliding subtitles". I hope my term "sliding subtitle" is correct here but you got what I mean from the video.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Take in consideration, that there is a dataflow from transponder to box, which is decoding a ts-stream to HDMI dataflow (I suppose, that you have a Solo2 connected to your HD TV by HDMI) and the final decoding of picture is done by your TV processor. So it's not sure at 100%, that it's a box problem. All depends on box image (I'm using BH 2.0.1 rev.A, HDMI to LG FullHD 1080p without "sliding subtitle problem"), A/V box settings, TV model and TV Video settings.

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Take in consideration, that there is a dataflow from transponder to box, which is decoding a ts-stream to HDMI dataflow (I suppose, that you have a Solo2 connected to your HD TV by HDMI) and the final decoding of picture is done by your TV processor. So it's not sure at 100%, that it's a box problem. All depends on box image (I'm using BH 2.0.1 rev.A, HDMI to LG FullHD 1080p without "sliding subtitle problem"), A/V box settings, TV model and TV Video settings.

Thank you for your reply. Let me make some additions:

- Yes, my Solo2 is connected to my AVR via HDMI and AVR to HD TV via HDMI again.
- All Turkish users like me have this problem with their devices, so maybe it's a broadcast quality issue, I am not sure but this problem does not exist on the other brand satellite devices. Our Turkish distributor forwarded this bug to Korean guys (because the problem exists with the original image as well).

paolino

Vu+ User+++
"- All Turkish users like me have this problem with their devices, so maybe it's a broadcast quality issue, "

Could be, especially with some not common video formats. I'm watching broadcasts with 1920x1080 and 720x576 PAL.

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe it's broadcast quality issue but If so, why does not other receivers have this issue for those channels then?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Maybe it's broadcast quality issue but If so, why does not other receivers have this issue for those channels then?

Could be question of A/V resolution (1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720i, 576p, 576i,....) That's why I use Technisat Digicorder HD S2X Plus too to check quality of picture. And for testing I'm always using FTA channels.

I can't test your NTV Turkie, 42E is not reachable by my motorized dish, max 30E because of obstacles.

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Could be question of A/V resolution (1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720i, 576p, 576i,....) That's why I use Technisat Digicorder HD S2X Plus too to check quality of picture. And for testing I'm always using FTA channels.

I can't test your NTV Turkie, 42E is not reachable by my motorized dish, max 30E because of obstacles.

Thank you bro, it's a very kind of you to offer this already.

This problem is one of the weakest points of this amazing monster for Turkish owners now. I hope it can be fixed.

chulbul

BH Lover
Back to 1.79-3 as there is video shaking problems I have on thor, these are not there in 1.79-3
Its an image problem with 2.01.
So maybe try that

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Thank you bro, it's a very kind of you to offer this already.

This problem is one of the weakest points of this amazing monster for Turkish owners now. I hope it can be fixed.

I did other tests on 23.5e 11836 H 5/6 27500 TA3 FTA channel (PAL 720x576 25fps). I do have your problems only when: Menu > Setup > System > A/V Settings Refresh is set to 60 Hz (in all resolutions, which allows me to set it), but it's normal!

No Autoresolution plugin.

When you want to display 25fps video (50 Hz) in 30fps mode (60 Hz), you can't have fluid image! So there is an error of synchronism, which you don't see on normal picture (it's quite invisible, but is there), it's evident on continuous scroll bars.

Tested on Solo2 BH 2.0.1 rev.A updated yesterday, HDMI to TV LG M2450D FullHD, default skin.

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
I did other tests on 23.5e 11836 H 5/6 27500 TA3 FTA channel (PAL 720x576 25fps). I do have your problems only when: Menu > Setup > System > A/V Settings Refresh is set to 60 Hz (in all resolutions, which allows me to set it), but it's normal!

No Autoresolution plugin.

When you want to display 25fps video (50 Hz) in 30fps mode (60 Hz), you can't have fluid image! So there is an error of synchronism, which you don't see on normal picture (it's quite invisible, but is there), it's evident on continuous scroll bars.

Tested on Solo2 BH 2.0.1 rev.A updated yesterday, HDMI to TV LG M2450D FullHD, default skin.

Thank you paolino for your appreciated efforts.

My A/V Settings is set to multi Hz (No Autoresolution plugin) and I see this problem for 720x576 channels. Even though I change it to 50 Hz or 60 Hz, same problem exists. Unfortunately from a customers perspective it's not good to see this kind of problems for a high end device. Especially while older devices do not have this issues.

Matrix10

Administrator
As far as I know this is a problem from the very beginning
and is not related to image.(old and new is the same)