Show VHF/UHF channels for regional scan / Indicazione canali VHF-UHF nella scansione Italia

AlexWilMac

Non avevo notato una cosa, finora: utilizzando, per la scansione manuale del DT, l'opzione "Transponder predefinito", a seconda che si usino le impostazioni generiche
Europe, Middle East, Africa
o quelle per l'Italia, si può visualizzare (con la prima impostazione) anche il classico canale VHF/UHF (posto tra parentesi dopo la frequenza), mentre con l'impostazione specifica per l'Italia si vede solo la frequenza.
La cosa, certamente, non dipende dal file terrestrial.xml perché, avendo provato a impostare la sezione Italia con gli stessi parametri di quella Europa, comunque non vengono mostrati i canali ex VHF-UHF, ossia da 5 a 12 e da 21 a 69.
Mi chiedo, quindi, come fare a visualizzarli anche utilizzando le impostazioni specifiche per l'Italia.

AlexWilMac

Same as of post#1 but in English

I had never noticed before that in the DVB-T scan, if you choose the Europe, Middle East, Africa and the "Predefined transponder" option, you see, after the standard transponder frequency in Mhz, also the traditional VHF/UHF channel.
But this is only true with this choice. You don't have this extra info if you choose other regions.
This surely does not depend on the file terrestrial.xml because I tried and change its lines according to the Europe section and nothing changed.
So, I wonder if anyone knows how to get this info also for other regional choices.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Is there still VHF transmission in Europe? I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. In Portugal, there is not much to test ...

DTT Portugal.

The standard here is DVB-T, whose frequencies have been changed (or are being changed) because of 5G.

AlexWilMac

It's not VHF the point: is the OLD channel system (which includes either 5-12 channels, and those where the former VHF, or the 21-69, and those are the former UHF, and these are still used).
The question was not about VHF and, yes, there are also some DVB-T frequencies that use 177,5 Mhz, that's Channel 5 (VHF).
But the post was about the reason why these channels were shown only in the Europe, Middle East.... selection.
And, as it's often still used by websites this way of referring to a frequency, it's just comfortable to have them both, that's all.

Today I found out that the problem is not present in the original OBH terrestrial.xml where they are shown also choosing a specific country.
The problem is, strangely, only in my file which is optimized with only Europe and my country's specific sections and I can't explain this behaviour as I simply deleted every other countries sections and some of the unused transponders for my country. The rest of the file is identical and so I can't explain this.

Attachments

• DVB-T-Channels-05.jpg
    DVB-T-Channels-05.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DVB-T-Channels-69.jpg
    DVB-T-Channels-69.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 7