Signal quality problem in new update (3.0.5.A)

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
After installing the new update, the quality of the signal has been reduced, especially at verticals
For example, the action channel in 12692 Hotbird turns from 69% to 61% . And of course my dish is completely tidy and everything is packed
I would like to investigate this issue and fix it in an update

Ev0

Admin
IF (and it's a big IF) there really is a reduction in signal, then it's not to do with the image anyway.

It will be down to the updated drivers, however they are controlled by vu+ and there is nothing we can do about it.

However you seem to be the only one that has noticed or reported such an issue, so I think it is something to do with your setup, or the weather where you are.

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
First of all, thank you for your excellent support
When I downgrade to 3.0.5 and other lower versions , signal quality is normal and as always , but after updating to 3.0.5 A this problem is caused at many frequencies
I also think this is a drivers problem . image is excellent
I've attached tests in the same conditions for comparison :

BLACK HOLE 3.0.5 (Vu+ Solo 4K ) :

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

BLACK HOLE 3.0.5 A (Vu+ Solo 4K ) :

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Again I emphasize that the conditions are exactly the same with fixed dishes .

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Could this have affected OBH as well?
Because I'm experiencing low signals in some frequencies too, after these latest updates.
But it is also possible that it's due to bad weather we're having here in the last few days.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Ok, thanks.
I hope they are aware about this at Vu+, as I just updated to 4.1.017 and it's still the same.

Mick12334

It doesn't matter what signal quality your receiver states that you are getting.
You can get receivers that will show 100% signal quality, right up until you lose signal, which doesn't help.
The signal quality readings are only a guide, to help you peak your dish, for tracking the satellite arc, it will not have any influence on your signal quality improving, or getting worse, which is why installers use a signal meter, to peak signal quality, and don't rely on a receivers readings.

AlexWilMac

Exactly. The point is: can you watch the channel or not? Because, if I'm not wrong, you never said you are now not able to watch it.

Matrix10

Administrator
This topic has a totally misleading name ,signal quality and SNR are two different things.
Although the signal quality depends on SNR but not just SNR.
The question here is whether the established difference is cosmetic or real.
And that can only be tested on a very weak transponder.
Who knows maybe the cosmetic signal is weaker and in reality better,or the same.
So what are the results?

AlexWilMac

however it is right with the latest driver updates the signal is weaker (for sure new driver updates will come out)
Yes, guys: we MUST begin to understand that values you see MEAN NOTHING: they vary on decoders and images and many other factors. As Matrix said, choose the weakest transponder and test it by different images, if you really think the images have a role. I don't think so. I, too, think is a cosmetic problem ;)

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
I think there should be a standard for calculating the amount of SNR . It's not good to have a different SNR in any image or update .

AlexWilMac

No, there can't be a standard because it depends on too many factors. You can only compare the signal among different transponders with the same decoder and the same image. Because, everything is relative ;)

Gold_66

Vu+ User
The signal quality readings are only a guide, to help you peak your dish, for tracking the satellite arc, it will not have any influence on your signal quality improving, or getting worse
Even though this sounds completely sensible, I have now totally lost 2-3 channels in two weak frequencies (on 16E and 1W) which I was able to watch at nights with low signals.
Other than that, I must confess that I'm a signal addict (!) and I have bouquets formed by random channels from each frequency. :)
I don't watch them, but I 'control' them periodically to see everything is alright with the alignment of dish and lnbs. Having done this lots of time, I was quite familiar with almost all those signal values but they're all changed now! Since it will take a lot of time to get used to these new values, and I want my lost channels back, I decided to restore the backup with old drivers.
But I'd like to ask first if I can use it without any issues, ignoring all future updates for a long time?

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
.....I want my lost channels back, I decided to restore the backup with old drivers.
But I'd like to ask first if I can use it without any issues, ignoring all future updates for a long time?
Back to the old version will not cause any problems . I have tested