SOLO 4K want start.

Thodor

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.

Need some information for the VU plus SOLO 4K. Made in Korea. The receiver is clean, have not installed any software, no black hole and other software alike. One year old. Have performed well the latest year.

After trying to upgrade from the internet 3 weeks ago, the receiver started uploading, after about 30 s it stopped, a yellow-green box appeared with text information, that something went wrong. A timeglas also appeared that suddenly freezes. And since then it won’t start. I have unplugged several times and the receiver starts but the panel screen only shows the VU plus logo, on the mini screen on the receiver the logo SOLO 4K is shown.

What can be done?

THODOR.

AlexWilMac

A reflash. It's like reformatting a computer.
You can download the original vuplus image (the operative system name of these linux-based boxes), but it's quite basic. Or you can download our two images, either the BH (BlackHole) or the OBH (OpenBH) from our forum. Obviously, the file specific for your Solo4K.
You can find all the guides to flash a VU in our forum.

Thodor

Vu+ Newbie
Hello again.

I Have put the BH 3.0.8 folder for Solo 4K in an Kingston USB.
Put the USB in the front of the receiver. Then start. Nothing happens, have tried both back and front USB contacts.
Same mini picture and on the screen as before. Only the sound from the HD is heard.

Thodor.

Matrix10

Administrator
What is BH 3.0.8 folder?
You need to unpack/unzip the image ZIP folder
and copy everything to a USB stick.

AlexWilMac

I wonder if you put ONLY the folder "Solo4K" in the USB stick... haven't you?
You must put the folder
vuplus
which has got the folder "Solo4K" as its subfolder, in the root of the USB.
How did you format the USB? It must be ONE partition only and FAT.

Thodor

Vu+ Newbie
What is BH 3.0.8 folder?
You need to unpack/unzip the image ZIP folder
and copy everything to a USB stick.

Thank you.
The folder is named solo 4K.
I will look into this again. I will back tomorrow, thank you again for this info.

AlexWilMac

So, if you say "the" folder, it seems to me as I wrote: that you didn't copy the whole structure
vuplus/solo4k

Thodor

Vu+ Newbie
I wonder if you put ONLY the folder "Solo4K" in the USB stick... haven't you?
You must put the folder
vuplus
which has got the folder "Solo4K" as its subfolder, in the root of the USB.
How did you format the USB? It must be ONE partition only and FAT.

Yes that’s right I have put the solo 4K folder in the USB. It’s formatted DOS-Fat32. One portion I think. I use AirBook. I will do the changes and will be back tomorrow with more info how it goes. Thank you so much.

AlexWilMac

By AirBook d'you mean a MacBook Air? If so, no problem: under MacOs you can format as MSDOS and it always works.
So, the problem was the main one we said: the incorrect structure.

Thodor

Vu+ Newbie
By AirBook d'you mean a MacBook Air? If so, no problem: under MacOs you can format as MSDOS and it always works.
So, the problem was the main one we said: the incorrect structure.
Yes incorrect structure. I’ll do the changes.
Best regards.

Thodor

Vu+ Newbie
To Alexwilmac, Matrix10.

Thanks for your help. I finally succeeded. The BH is installed successfully.

What I did; I put the vu plus folder in the USB, while there I used apple Finder to separate the folder, to vuplus folder, solo 4K folder, and the content in the solo 4k folder. Inserted the USB in the front and a message appeared, installation, I pushed the power button while the info text was showing, did that and voila it started to install.
I have now to check my satellites, four of them.
It will take some time.
I will be back if troubles starts again. Another Forum then?

Best regards. Thodor.