Solo2 : BH needs to reboot to get channel

Jbesclapez

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there,

I am using a Vu Solo2 with BH 2.1.6
I have a Diseq with 3 sats (Hotbird, Astra 19 and 23)
I plug the cable to the tuner but when i change sat then i do not get anything.
After a reboot, the channel on the other sat is working OK. (so it cannot be a dish issue)
I tried on both tunner, it is the same (so it cannot be a tuner issue)
I have to say that i never did a full scan, i just download the channels from Vhannibal.

Anyone faces this issues?

Thanks for offereing solutions.

Jbesclapez

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, the antenna was working with a Dreambox 500

Please note that after the reboot i get the channels. If i dont reboot i get a "static" Signal ratio with no image and Sometime i get a SID issue. When i go back on Astra it is working. But not on Hotbird... so to me there is an issue when switching sat...

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
IMHO you cleraly have a DiSEqC problem.
Otherwise, if there were some channel reference problems in the settings, you won't ever get the signal from the satellite even after a reboot.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
You should know what type of DiSEqC switch you have (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, etc.) and then in the tuner settings choose the proper switching protocol.

Jbesclapez

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe i should buy a new Diseqc... i dont know which one is on my roof...
Please could you advise on which type i should use? (3 dishes hotbird and astra 19 and 23)

Jbesclapez

Vu+ Newbie
3 dishes : one on hotbird, one on astra19 and one on astra23

Now lets talk about the diseqc settings please.
I spent a long time trying to change these... but there are so many parameters and i am so bad in this, I need your help.

In the "simple" mode i put the Hotbird in LNB1, Astra19 in LNB2 and Astra 23 in LNB3 ANd the fourth is not configured. I set voltage to YES and diseqc change on channel to NO. In doing this, i get an image and it si OK, only some satellite changes have problems as you know...

In "Advanced" mode I do not know what to put exactly. I tried many settings with no luck, and no image...

So I went on the roof to check my Diseqc device and it is a Goldmaster rm-06, but unfortunately i do not know what kind of diseq it is. My google search told me that it was a switch. Nothing else...

Please could you advise in setting up the Advanced mode as a "clone" of the simple mode... i have no idea what are the simple settings. ANd i hope it will solve my issue...

Thanks

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
You have to correctly map the ports for each LNB and the corresponding satellite.
For ex.
A: Hotbird 13.0
B: Astra 19.2
C: Astra 23.5

Then in the tuner ADVANCED settings (A o B, I mean the tuner that is physically connected to the cable) you have to set 3 LNBs:
LNB 1: Hotbird, and set using DiSEqC 1.0 (and don't set any other DiSEqC setting)
LNB 2: Astra 19.2, and set using DiSEqC 1.0 (and don't set any other DiSEqC setting)
LNB 3: Astra 23.5, and set using DiSEqC 1.0 (and don't set any other DiSEqC setting)

If the satellites and/or DiSEqC ports you are pointing to are set differently, change the values accordingly.