SoloSEV2: Dual tuner "Connected to" problem solved

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
In my previous tests of the V2, the 2 DVB-S2 tuners of the new dual tuner were not working at the same time with only one cable connected to either Tuner A or Tuner B and with the corresponding option "Connected to" activated in the settings of the other tuner not physically connected to the cable.

After reading this update announcement:
NimManager.py : Apply patch for internally connect tuner A to B (thx to kalamari)
I downloaded the revised NimManager.py from the git:
http://git.vuplus-community.net/?p=...y;hb=c237fc037265cf81401e1ceee66a6251d1022809
renamed the saved file as NimManager.py and copied via FTP to:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components

This file doesn't exist in that OBH folder because there is only the corresponding compiled version
NimManager.pyo
After the copy I rebooted the box and the .py file was compiled on-the-fly by the system and a new .pyo file was created.

Then I first tested connecting the cable to Tuner B and setting the Tuner A as "Connected to Tuner B" but the PIP with 2 channels from 2 different satellites didn't work, so then I tested connecting the cable to Tuner A and setting the Tuner B as "Connected to Tuner A" and voila'... now PIP was working fine!

So, if somebody is going to use a single Unicable/SCR cable with the SoloSEV2, remember to connect the cable to Tuner A and set the Tuner B as connected to Tuner A.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Dual tuner means that the DVB-S2 pluggable tuner module contains 2 independent tuners on the same circuit board (PCB), instead of only one.