Some Questions About "VU+"

irsoy80

Vu+ User
------------------
Soft: BH V1.7.5
Box: VU+ Uno
------------------

Hello,

1) How can I distinguish encrypted channels in the list of all channels.? My old receiver displays the simbole "$" with the name of the chain.

2) Can I connect my "VU +" directly with my PC with a network cable?

3) Each time, when I change channel (eg: CH12) in favorite1 to another (eg: CH20) in another favorite2. And if I want to return to CH12, CH1 is selected. So, the last position in each favorite will be lost.
This action is annoying when I go back to a channel in the list of all channels, I have to browse all the channel list.

4) What is the difference between "OE1.6" and "OE2.0"? When "VU +" will move to "OE2.0"?

Best Regards

Tamaki

Administrator
------------------
Soft: BH V1.7.5
Box: VU+ Uno
------------------

Hello,

1) How can I distinguish encrypted channels in the list of all channels.? My old receiver displays the simbole "$" with the name of the chain.

2) Can I connect my "VU +" directly with my PC with a network cable?

3) Each time, when I change channel (eg: CH12) in favorite1 to another (eg: CH20) in another favorite2. And if I want to return to CH12, CH1 is selected. So, the last position in each favorite will be lost.
This action is annoying when I go back to a channel in the list of all channels, I have to browse all the channel list.

4) What is the difference between "OE1.6" and "OE2.0"? When "VU +" will move to "OE2.0"?

Best Regards
1) you cannot see in channel list, just in info bar you see a white key if channel is encrypted
2) i suppose so, but i didn't try, i pass trough my router.
3) i just know that you can go to a channel in favote1 just typing channel number in that list, for instance pressing number 2 you will go to channel 2 of the first favorite list
4) vu+ has his own OE that is 1.6

irsoy80

Vu+ User
Hello,

Could you please give me the differences and the utility of the following images, in BH sw.
  1. Black Hole
  2. Avalon
  3. Chaos
  4. Ghosts
Thanks.

50_lire

Vu+ User
Hello,

Could you please give me the differences and the utility of the following images, in BH sw.
  1. Black Hole
  2. Avalon
  3. Chaos
  4. Ghosts
Thanks.
I'll try to explain...
Images 2,3 and 4 aren't real images but "extensions" of the real, original Black Hole image (1).
Imagine a space (2,3 and 4) that at the beginning has the same features then real image (1).
All that you add/modify in these spaces/extensions doesn't reflect in other spaces/extensions so you can use these as a separate place to test everythig you want.
You can switch from an extension to another in few seconds, as you can create/destroy extensions in a short time.
Those names are predefined only to identify a specific extension.

a911

The BH Lover
I'll try to explain...
Images 2,3 and 4 aren't real images but "extensions" of the real, original Black Hole image (1).
Imagine a space (2,3 and 4) that at the beginning has the same features then real image (1).
All that you add/modify in these spaces/extensions doesn't reflect in other spaces/extensions so you can use these as a separate place to test everythig you want.
You can switch from an extension to another in few seconds, as you can create/destroy extensions in a short time.

Nice explanation,
I may add,,,, The original Black Hole image (home) reside @ The Flash....Where the other Parallel Universes reside @ The mounted device : USB/universe!

irsoy80

Vu+ User
Hello all,

How can i configure setting in BH v1.7.5 to display "Date+Hour" [eg: 16/06 13:45] in the front panel of my receiver when it is in standby mode?

50_lire

Vu+ User
Hello all,

How can i configure setting in BH v1.7.5 to display "Date+Hour" [eg: 16/06 13:45] in the front panel of my receiver when it is in standby mode?
I think it's the skin that shows the date/time, so you have to modify it but I don't know how.

irsoy80

Vu+ User
Hello all,

1) How to configure BH v1.7.5 image to display the date and time in "VFD display" when the receiver in standby mode. [eg: 18/06 22:30]

2) The timezone is always wrong. I am in Tunisia, and our timezone = GMT +1. The receiver always shows GMT +2.
- How can I configure the receiver to display an exact date and time.?
- If it's a bug, when it will be corrected.?
- See the link below [ timeanddate ]

irsoy80

Vu+ User
Hello all,

1) How to configure BH v1.7.5 image to display the date and time in "VFD display" when the receiver in standby mode. [eg: 18/06 22:30]

2) The timezone is always wrong. I am in Tunisia, and our timezone = GMT +1. The receiver always shows GMT +2.
- How can I configure the receiver to display an exact date and time.?
- If it's a bug, when it will be corrected.?
- See the link below [ timeanddate ]

3) How to configure my BH v1.7.5 to make my receiver turn off automatically if I do not touch the remote control after (XX houres).
The (XX Hours) is parameterizable [1, 2, 3, ... Houres].
This option exist in my TV [ SONY KDL-40EX402 ], it is very useful if I sleep and I forget the TV and receiver Open.

a911

The BH Lover
3) How to configure my BH v1.7.5 to make my receiver turn off automatically if I do not touch the remote control after (XX houres).
The (XX Hours) is parameterizable [1, 2, 3, ... Houres].
This option exist in my TV [ SONY KDL-40EX402 ], it is very useful if I sleep and I forget the TV and receiver Open.
Try BH Set Sleeptimer (long red),,,,!
Put time in minutes,,,like 3 hrs= 360....etc!

irsoy80

Vu+ User
Hello,
With my 2 old receivers, when i scroll throw "favorites list" or going to "All channel", the last chanel viewd in evry favorit is selected, but, in BH image always the first channel is selected. !!!! :(
It is possible that developper of BH image add this fonctionality to the next version ?? :)

irsoy80

Vu+ User
Hello,
How can I restore the old display of "MeoBoot". From the picture (1) to picture (2)?

Picture (1)
meoboot0.99stui0.jpg

Picture (2)
meobootsxuac.jpg

50_lire

Vu+ User
Hmmm, it seems you're talking about two different images and two different MeoBoot plugin...
I think that what you're asking for it's not possible, but wait for other users' response.

irsoy80

Vu+ User
Hello,
I ask about changing background picture

Hmmm, it seems you're talking about two different images and two different MeoBoot plugin...
I think that what you're asking for it's not possible, but wait for other users' response.

niglou

BH Lover
Edit the file called skin.xml of the old skin situated in /usr/share/enigma2/name-of-your-skin ; then locate where the background picture you want to keep is situated and how it is named, then copy the picture; thereafter paste it in the other skin and edit the skin.xml of the new skin to replace the picture (be carefull with the size).

The more easy in case of problem is to do that in a universe (not in flash)

irsoy80

Vu+ User
I'll try to explain...

Hello,
Actually, i use "GHOST" universe. If i encounter any problem or crash, how can i remove this universe and reinstall it again or return to original one ??

a911

The BH Lover
Hello,
Actually, i use "GHOST" universe. If i encounter any problem or crash, how can i remove this universe and reinstall it again or return to original one ??

U need 2 read a little bit about the Big Bang option!

kim1406

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
With my 2 old receivers, when i scroll throw "favorites list" or going to "All channel", the last chanel viewd in evry favorit is selected, but, in BH image always the first channel is selected. !!!! :(
It is possible that developper of BH image add this fonctionality to the next version ?? :)

I totally agree, this is quite annoying. If you really want this feature and others (like if you are on a channel and you press the yellow button it will take you directly to same channel in its provider list), you can try Black Pole image. In my opinion Black Pole image is the best. Try it and let us know. You will see that most of your questions are answered in Black Pole, such as you question about the display in standby, it will show you time and date, your question about changing between channels in different Fav..., you can go back to the previous channel by pressing "0" zero, or the "back arrow".