Starting problem

Potterson

Vu+ Newbie
I am new to this box so I bought it with latest BH image installed. It was running OK for 3 days but today I downloaded a software upgrade to the EPG. This downloaded and and it asked me to restart the box , I said yes and box started to shutdown. When it had not shutdown after 5 mins I swtched off power switch at the back. On turning back on startup routine began until it got to "starting GUI" and just hangs there. I have tried restarting several times but the outcome is the same. Any and all help would be great.

Thanks
Potterson
Should have said box is VU+ DUO

a911

The BH Lover
I am new to this box so I bought it with latest BH image installed. It was running OK for 3 days but today I downloaded a software upgrade to the EPG. This downloaded and and it asked me to restart the box , I said yes and box started to shutdown. When it had not shutdown after 5 mins I swtched off power switch at the back. On turning back on startup routine began until it got to "starting GUI" and just hangs there. I have tried restarting several times but the outcome is the same. Any and all help would be great.

Thanks
Potterson

What type of Vu+ you have, and can U connect to the STB with DCC program?

a911

The BH Lover
in the plugin sections, If not working,,,just install a new image!
Its easy!

GudLuK

Potterson

Vu+ Newbie
I have loaded new image BH 1.7.6 and all seems to be running now. I have a lot of work to get back to where the box was isetup but at least it is starting now . Thank you all for your help . I'm sure I will need more sometime.
Best Regards
Potterson

niglou

BH Lover
Next time think to make :

1- A personnal Back Up (on the HDD of your vu+)
2- With your favourite FTP software save on your PC your settings and other stuff.

Then within 5 minutes, you will be able to have a fully working image with all your settings after a reflash. ;)

a911

The BH Lover
I have loaded new image BH 1.7.6 and all seems to be running now. I have a lot of work to get back to where the box was isetup but at least it is starting now . Thank you all for your help . I'm sure I will need more sometime.
Best Regards
Potterson

From reading your posts, I think U know a lot,,,,,;)!
Just use the search tool and in no time you may become a BH Lover!

:welcome:,,,,2 the BH Fun Club!

Potterson

Vu+ Newbie
I'm stuck again . Am unable to load TS***** or any XXXXXXX I FTP the files OK and TELNET to install but plugins do not appear after a full restart ??

Potterson

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry about that. Just getting frustrated . Are plugins OK to talk about . If I can get that installed I think I would be OK. Thanks