static ip address

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry mate. Did not make myself clear, have changed DHCP to no, but do i change i.p address or netmask or gateway. Which one do i use as static address . Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

50_lire

Vu+ User
You must use ip address as the real address of your Uno, something like 192.168.0.10.
Netmask generally is 255.255.255.0 and gateway something like 192.168.0.1.
IP address and gateway (your router) depend on your local network addresses.
You must look at your pc ip address and then modify Uno's address.

Matrix10

Administrator
Sorry mate. Did not make myself clear, have changed DHCP to no, but do i change i.p address or netmask or gateway. Which one do i use as static address . Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Sure ip addr
but the IP address must be in the range of IP addresses that the router supports
If you use router.
And address must not be in use.

Matrix10

Administrator
If all OK,
If you put first box on the DHCP
You will have gateway,netmask e.t.c
After just replace the IP address and restart box.

bearman

Vu+ Newbie
Cheers .The reason i need to change static address is that i needed to change to connect to DCC .I used a number between 1 and 254 which i made a note of but did not make a note of which address to change. The reason i lost it was that i changed my blackhole image. Now i have to start from scratch again , learning how to ftp and get ***** going again. I originally just dropped lucky setting up . Thanks again for being so helpful.

Matrix10

Administrator
Cheers .The reason i need to change static address is that i needed to change to connect to DCC .I used a number between 1 and 254 which i made a note of but did not make a note of which address to change. The reason i lost it was that i changed my blackhole image. Now i have to start from scratch again , learning how to ftp and get ***** going again. I originally just dropped lucky setting up . Thanks again for being so helpful.

Do not forget
discussion abt emulators is not allowed here
read the forum rules.
For this we give Ban.

For this time only a warning.

yummer

BH Lover
Use the backup menu and create a personal backup before flashing new image.... I learnt that the hard way too :)

komodo

Vu+ User
Hi,

just for info, it's good to know what is dynamic range of your dhcp server, and setup static address outside of this range, because there is the chance, that two devices has the same address, so you may encounter really strange network problems :)

anto8se2001

Vu+ Newbie
hey i have uppgrade my vu+solo whit black hole 2.02 but now i cannot have contact between my pc and the vu+solo is some password i have to write?

sunespeg

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

just for info, it's good to know what is dynamic range of your dhcp server, and setup static address outside of this range, because there is the chance, that two devices has the same address, so you may encounter really strange network problems :)

In this case it is (imho) to let it obtain the IP thru DHCP, and make a "static/reserved" lease in the router so it will allways get the same ip.

komodo

Vu+ User
In this case it is (imho) to let it obtain the IP thru DHCP, and make a "static/reserved" lease in the router so it will allways get the same ip.

That's true, but not all cheap routers have option to set up static DHCP lease :)

sunespeg

Vu+ Newbie
That's true, but not all cheap routers have option to set up static DHCP lease :)
I agree there are some routers that does not support it, but it is not many anymore i think.Chances are that you will end up resetting the vu+ box more often than the router, so use it whenever possible .