Strange USB HDD-WIFI problem

ion_sc

Vu+ Newbie
Good afternoon,
For several weeks now, I have connected a USB HDD to my Vu + Uno 4K SE and it has been working properly.
3 days ago, I have continuous cuts when I am watching live tv.
At first I thought that the problem could be with my passwords or the internet connection, but after ruling this out, I continuously pinged the IP of my deco.
That's when I saw that many packages were not delivered. At that time, I went to change the USB port of my wifi antenna and for this, when I disconnected my USB-HDD I saw that the ping stabilized. When connecting the HDD again, the ping is lost.

So, having the HDD disconnected, my deco works ok, as soon as I connect it, my deco's connection to the internet is lost.

Does anyone know what this strange problem is about?

Thank you very much.

AlexWilMac

Are the two USB devices connected to a HUB or to different USB ports of your VU+?
And, by the way, why don't you get rid of the limited and driver dependant WiFi adapters? Nowadays you have the much more effective Powerlines. Faster and needing no drivers.

ion_sc

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your answer,
I have the wifi adapter connected to different USB ports of my VU +.

I am currently living in a rental house for about 10-13 months, until I have my home. In this house, due to the distribution it has, there is no socket next to the router, it is directly connected in the connection box and since it is not mine, I prefer not to touch anything... hahaha.

IMG_4738-1.jpg

It is true that the Wi-Fi connection is quite slow, but I don't know why it is possible that I cannot have the Wi-Fi adapter and my USB-HDD connected at the same time.

Matrix10

Administrator
It's probably about interference
or a power shortage problem for some reason.

Test solutions.

1.Test the operation of WIFI using a USB extension cable
placing wifi away from box and HDD.

2. Test operation with use
Powered USB hub (USB hub with external power), to which the HDD is connected.

ion_sc

Vu+ Newbie
In the end I was able to solve it installing an AP in client mode and connected by cable. It has been working perfectly for several days.