Duo2 Switching ON from a deep-stanby using remote controll

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Doe's enyone know how to do it, because I can do it by using a power button on the front panel only?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Duo2 working fine with the remote power button.

Do you mean you can switch your receiver ON from a deep standby using remote controller? If so, why mine is not working? The receiver I have is up to date with the drivers and BH.

P.S.
Deep standby = the receiver is completely switched off and there is only one white LED on the front panel.

Matrix10

Administrator
Do you mean you can switch your receiver ON from a deep standby using remote controller? If so, why mine is not working? The receiver I have is up to date with the drivers and BH.

P.S.
Deep standby = the receiver is completely switched off and there is only one white LED on the front panel.

Yes of course, I can switch ON from deep standby using remote controller DUO2.
You have make Cfe upgrade to V2 ?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Yes I did, without this a would not be able to install BH 2.05. Maybe there is a problem with the settings but where?

Matrix10

Administrator
Yes I did, without this a would not be able to install BH 2.05. Maybe there is a problem with the settings but where?

I've never had such a problem .

If You install clean image that has to work/function,
Do all the other functions of remote working ? (switch OFF ??)
If only switch ON not working then this is a HW problem .

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Yes, the other functions of remote are working fine, it doe's switch OFF.
Can I come back to an original image now, to check if it's working or not? Cause if it's not I will have to report this problem to the retailer if it's a hardware fault.

Matrix10

Administrator
Yes, the other functions of remote are working fine, it doe's switch OFF.
Can I come back to an original image now, to check if it's working or not? Cause if it's not I will have to report this problem to the retailer if it's a hardware fault.

I think you can use orginal image.
But you have also orginal VU+ updated images here.
Last one from 08.08.2013 for DUO2
http://code.vuplus.com/

EDIT

Base Directory : /opt/downloads/2.1/duo2

jwlalek

Vu+ User
So, original image on board and the remote controller switches the receiver ON from a deep standby with no problems. Don't know why it can not do the same job on BH :(

Matrix10

Administrator
So, original image on board and the remote controller switches the receiver ON from a deep standby with no problems. Don't know why it can not do the same job on BH :(

Have you tried the same thing with a clear and just installed BH image.
Download the image again and install again.
Do Not use backups and do not make changes .Test first ON/OFF
================================================
If you switch box ON with remote (orginal image)
Do you see that the box has CFE V2 in LCD ?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I've found the solution. In "Black Hole Speed up" there is a plugin called "RemoteControlCode" and if it's enabled everything is working perfect :cool:
Thanks guys for your attention.

vic

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same, pb with the same configuration ( means BH205 B,with CFE v2 of course). I disable the "Remote Control Code " in BH Speed up and after reboot , when the Duo2 is in Deep Stb, did not power up with Remote . Only presing the power button in the box.
I enable again the plugin " Remote Control Code" and everithin work ok, now can power it up from Deep Standby with the remote....... but , but , but not after a long period of time in Deep standby (I put it in Deep Stb and six hours later when try to power up don't work with remote, only with box power button).
So if I do it in sort period of time it work ok, but if left it a long time in Deep Stb, do not power up with remote.
jwlalek ------ Can you check it in your box,pls ????? -

Last edited:

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Can you check it in your box,pls ?????

BH205B
I usually can power on the Duo2 with the remote after almost 20 hours of deep standby (for example power off at 01:00, power on at 21:00).

Maybe there are other settings than the remote code plugin that can interfere.

vic

Vu+ Newbie
Thks, I usually also did w/o problems, but after disable the Remote Control Code and enable back due the pb, i have observed these symtom. We will testing. Thks again.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Have you changed the remote code within the plugin and accordingly the one of your remote?
Are you using a universal remote or the Vu+ original?

vic

Vu+ Newbie
No, it has code 02 ( i think is the same that came by default)
It is the original tha came with the DUO2.