To answer some questions about 1channel, icefilms and etc...

As probably some of you know, 1channel, icefilms and some oher plugins for e2 were my work, they got decompiled, edited, included in other plugins and etc. without ewer asking for my permission or even informing me about it. Some modified versions are available to download even on this forum.

That has made me stop and rethink about making more plugins or fixing issues with existing ones. Then i did little more work for TeamRED and all of it was then "translated" by a friend of mine to C than compiled. Good luck "stealing" that. I'm not here to point fingers, ones that did it know who they are. To make things more clear, no members of BH team didn't use or package any of my code without first asking me. I will be thankful forever to Shiro, Matrix (to mention a few) , and others for all help and support.

For now I'm not planing to write or fix any more E2 plugins, but that can always change.

On another subject, I'm a proud owner of new mariusys XBMC based prismcube, my future work will probably go in that direction and all code written by me will be opensource and under a GPL licence where possible.

jack ormrod

Vu+ Newbie
As probably some of you know, 1channel, icefilms and some oher plugins for e2 were my work, they got decompiled, edited, included in other plugins and etc. without ewer asking for my permission or even informing me about it. Some modified versions are available to download even on this forum.

That has made me stop and rethink about making more plugins or fixing issues with existing ones. Then i did little more work for TeamRED and all of it was then "translated" by a friend of mine to C than compiled. Good luck "stealing" that. I'm not here to point fingers, ones that did it know who they are. To make things more clear, no members of BH team didn't use or package any of my code without first asking me. I will be thankful forever to Shiro, Matrix (to mention a few) , and others for all help and support.

For now I'm not planing to write or fix any more E2 plugins, but that can always change.

On another subject, I'm a proud owner of new mariusys XBMC based prismcube, my future work will probably go in that direction and all code written by me will be opensource and under a GPL licence where possible.

jack ormrod

Vu+ Newbie
Hello sorry to here your hard work had been hi jacked by all of us! me for one loved your cleaver work and if it ever comes up for sale in the future please add me to your list ( Thanks Again)
Regards cyrill22

mysat-bs

Vu+ User

I like your plugin, I believ many users in this community are like your plugin very much. I do not wish anyone hijacks/ modify another persons work with a permision. However, it shows how good of your plugin are. As a user, I/we do wish you go back to make some good plugins for the community. Regarding to the hijack, one or two un-concerned persons should not make too much harm for your reputation. I/We would like yiou come back to help this community.

Matrix10

Administrator
Subi my old friend
I'm glad you confirmed that we do not have any interest in the above written.

That's what you're writing is very familiar to me because
I had experienced the same
during my presence on the SAT scene.

But always after prolonged thinking
I knew that most of the people who use our work
do not deserve to be punished for a small group of those
who do not respect the rules of the game.

Of course I agree that all may not be as previously
and this is also the reason for some of my personal changes.
And the main and most important reason why I am in BH team
from the very beginning.The same goes for VU +.

Respect and appreciation for the work of the same is very important for you as well as for us.

I only can guarantee to you that your contribution
is very much appreciated and respected by both users and our team.

Up to you to decide what to do next.

Good to know you're always welcome.

yummer

BH Lover
I apologise to @subixonfire if I've caused offence in anyway by posting a modified plugin on this site..... It was such a great plugin written by you bud and we missed it greatly when it stopped working. I myself have not got the knowledge to write or modify a plugin like yourself and only found this and shared with other users and am sorry if it has caused any offence.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I apologise to @subixonfire if I've caused offence in anyway by posting a modified plugin on this site..... It was such a great plugin written by you bud and we missed it greatly when it stopped working. I myself have not got the knowledge to write or modify a plugin like yourself and only found this and shared with other users and am sorry if it has caused any offence.
Hi, @yummer, when I read your above post. I have different feeling. Subxionfire writes the plugin and you upload it here to help the users like me in this community. Both of you have done a good job. Without the plugin coder, we certainly have nothing, Without you upload to here, many of users in this community may still have nothing because many of us may not know where to find it, I believ, at least I do not know where to find it. The only thing may need to be enhanced is having a better communication. Thank both of you.

yummer

BH Lover
Hi, @yummer, when I read your above post. I have different feeling. Subxionfire writes the plugin and you upload it here to help the users like me in this community. Both of you have done a good job. Without the plugin coder, we certainly have nothing, Without you upload to here, many of users in this community may still have nothing because many of us may not know where to find it, I believ, at least I do not know where to find it. The only thing may need to be enhanced is having a better communication. Thank both of you.
I think its more the case of the original plugin has been heavily modified by other people other than the original author due to recent changes and it not working etc m8... Which isn't exactly fair on sub for his great work originally.