Transcoding - are you having success?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Mainly transcoding is for mobile devices to transcode HD programs (it works great) and it's still in beta. Using Vu+ Player on your Android mobile device you have 3 options for quality, High, Medium and Low.

gravatasufoca

Vu+ Newbie
Using vu+ player the transconding is working, but when you finish the player the transconding is still on the vu+solo2. I have to change the channel to work again.

Is there a way to transcode to vlc on pc? It seems only to work on mobile devices.

znik

Vu+ Newbie
I try to stream outside my home intranet, trying to view a satellite channel to a friendly house where only adsl connection is present.
Since my own adsl2+ is just 1mbps upload I have to transcode in order to view the channel to my friend's PC.

It seems there is an issue trying to transcode to a PC, since even though I have access to the openwebif when I try to open a channel, the channel never starts...
Only if I directly network stream on VLC media player it works (for example: http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8002/1:0:1:43AC:2CEC:13E:820000:0:0:0: (where XXX is my IP)
Is there an easier way to make it work on openwebif so that the player opens up automatically when I click on the channel?