Transcoding issue

denon54

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to you all,

I just wanted to leeft my first impression and observation about this transcoding feature supported on latest
Bh Firmware.

First of all, i takes me days to understand how it works , but finally succeed in setting up.
Fisrt thing is that i noticed , when i am watching a movie for example on tuner A when at home,
if someone else from outside ( wan side ) want to select another program on another free Tuner it occurs a
glitch and some freeze on my screen, that phenomenon alert me that a friend of mine is selecting a channel from outside my home. Is there a way to avoid this , is it a bug or an error in my config ?

Secondly , and this is a request if i may suggest it,
Because we can set up to four tuner, it would be interesting to be able to configure different users access with different profil for each of them, i mean a personal login and password for each of them, also permission to
some channel and no other etc..

This was just an idea that would be great in the future.

Thanks to coders and developpers for your brilliant job.

iwols

Vu+ Newbie
hi what does transcoding do exactly, does it use this when viewing the box from your pc via local network,or is transcoding just for when you use wan side,the reason i ask is that when using lan the sd channels are ok but when i try to watch hd channel the picture breaks up badly thanks