Tryinn Black Hole on my used VU+ Ultimo

wristel

Vu+ Newbie
Hi!

Bought a used Ultimo (the older one not 4K) and thougt I'll try Black Hole insted of Open PLI that i have on the other VU+ Duo that wont record or even format my HDD

anything that i shuld think of before starting to install?!?

I'm totally newbee at this som nu fancy words... took me 2days to get the other one to start after installing Open PLI!!

best regards

/Johan

bogdanm

but its the same image for the new and old Ultimo?!?
NO
This images is difrent never try install image from Ultimo4k on your Ultimo!!!

Image to your box you find in section about Ultimo.
TEam BH create 2 images this is BH and OBH.
Bh based on orginal
Image OBh based on OE-A

Last edited:

wristel

Vu+ Newbie
ok...

Open PLI was installed on it and trying to just getting it to work first.... cant find a single channel... using 0.8w Imsat /Thor and 4.8E Astra.... withc band shuld i use.. C, Ku or Ka?

Mick12334

Depends on your LNB, and satellite set up, but the most popular is the ku band.
Are you using two LNB's and a Diseqc switch?
Please post more information, regarding your satellite set up.

wristel

Vu+ Newbie
I have 2 dual LNB's and 2 Diseqc switches..

the cabels is in the top connector'son the Ultimo marked "LNB IN"

Mick12334

How have you configured your tuners?
With just two LNB's, and Diseqc switches, you should have them set up as Simple, Diseqc A,B and select the appropriate satellites.
Please post back with your settings.

Mick12334

Are your Disecq switches 2x connections, 2 in one out, 4x connections, 4 in one out, or other?
Try setting Tuner B to Diseqc A, B, or A, B, C, D, depending on your Diseqc set up.

If possible also try running a direct cable, from one LNB, to your receiver, then set up your tuner to Single, select the satellite and try a blind scan.

Mick12334

What are your signal quality readings?
Have you tried manually scanning in some HD channels?
Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-4A-and-SES-5.html
Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/Thor-5-6-7-and-Intelsat-10-02.html

Mick12334

You probably have Open Pli installed, go into the menu, look for About, or Information, which should provide more information.
Also scroll down to predefined transponder, on 0.8W, and try changing it to User Defined Transponder, select DVB-S2, and enter 10778 V 25000, and check the signal quality readings.

wristel

Vu+ Newbie
its so wierd because my VU+ Duo gets all the channels when i switch between the boxes... havent done a new scan on it thou (and i'm afraid to do it now)