Duo2 tuner failed

Megson

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all hope this is in the correct section. My duo 2 has suddenly stopped receiving any channels. I have tried rescaning but find nothing and have also tried sat finder but still nothing. I know the satellite has signal as I have reconnected my old sky box so that not the issue.

I have tried re flashing and even updated to 2.1.6 any help or ideas would be appreciated?

I am a complete novice at the moment and am only using a fixed sky had satellite just for a bit of extra information.

Thanks

Mick12334

If you've flashed a new image you need to set up the Tuners.
Yours seems very basic so go into the Menu, Service Searching, Tuners and set Tuner A to Simple, Fixed Dish, Astra 28.2E.
Once done then you can scan in your channels.
If you have a cable also going into Tuner B don't forget to set that one up as well.

Megson

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the swift reply. I have checked all the settings and set it as above but still nothing. Seems very strange as Friday evening was fine then Saturday morning nothing. Not sure if it is a software or hardware problem?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Have you checked your antenna installation, for ex. connecting another receiver to the same cable?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Ok, I missed that you already tested your antenna with another receiver...
Do you have a dual sat tuner?
Are you sure that the tuner settings are correct?

Megson

Vu+ Newbie
Yeah I'm 99% all settings are correct as it was working Friday evening and didn't change anything until re flash even the I've tried using it with and without my backed up settings. Seems very strange.

Megson

Vu+ Newbie
Update for anyone interested. Got signal 92% on bbc 1. Clicked on satfinder for some strange reason just to look at the signal then all went off again am starting to think its a cabling problem not a tuner

Mick12334

I assume you mean the satfinder option in Black Hole, clicking on this shouldn't affect anything.
Does your old Sky receiver still work, on this set up?
When you had 92% signal quality, on BBC 1, were you able to view the channel?
Did you test any other channels, preferably ones that used a different polarity?

Megson

Vu+ Newbie
I assume you mean the satfinder option in Black Hole, clicking on this shouldn't affect anything.
Does your old Sky receiver still work, on this set up?
When you had 92% signal quality, on BBC 1, were you able to view the channel?
Did you test any other channels, preferably ones that used a different polarity?

Yes satfinder in black hole.
I flicked between bbc 1 92% and channel 4 84%.

will check f-types. Thanks again

Mick12334

When using satfinder can you please post some of the details, you entered:
Satellite
System
Frequency
Polarisation
Symbol Rate