Ultimo Tuner Signal Fading

nickU

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

I have a Vu+ Ultimo and worked fine more than a year,but lately I'm having problems with the signal from both tuners, fading in time, without changing the channel or satellite, till the image become unstable and one cannot watch the channel anymore.
I tried different images on the box but the problem keep coming back after a while.Does anybody else have the same problem? Anybody knows what could be the root cause? Both tuners failure?
I'm using a 90cm motorized dish, if this does have any importance, with a twin LNB.

nickU

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks paolino,
Alignment - checked, LNB - replaced, F connectors - changed. Any other suggestions? Sometimes, the box is not detecting the LNB at all and signal is at 0, then is coming back and fading after 15 min. Seems I'm the only one experiencing something like this? DVB-C tuner is working fine, though, no issues.

nickU

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks paolino, I was planning that for tomorrow. Finger cross. I'll post my results here...

nickU

Vu+ Newbie
Well, I measured voltages and consumption over my installation: voltage 14.4V for vertical, 18.5V for horizontal polarization. Consumption, 190mA. All seems fine, but still signal is fading. Any other suggestions are welcomed, I would like to know the reason why.

nickU

Vu+ Newbie
Just to let you know that my unit died completely, without having a chance to find the root cause. Now is booting no more. RIP...