Twin tuner and recording

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I have the VU+ Solo 2, when I record one channel that is encrypted I can only watch channels that is not encrypted while recording. Is this by design or have I setup it wrong?

I have 2 identical coax connected to the receiver that both is connected to a diseqc and Thor, Astra, Hotbird, Astra 2.

OBH 4.3

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Because that (encrypted) factor is not related to the problem... you may be recording an encrypted channel and viewing another encrypted one. As you know, the rules here do not allow issues related to encryption, so I will not proceed with anything other than what I have already written ...

AlexWilMac

If you record an encrypted channel using your smart cam C.I. and smartcam, it’s normal you can’t decrypt two channels at the time: it’s a limit of C.I. modules

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
ok, I thought it would work the same way as on another receiver I have that use a built in encryption (conax), there I can record one channel and watch another one. But this is not possible when using a C.I then. Thanks for the explanation

AlexWilMac

It's a limit of C.I. modules, not of decoders, as far as I know.
Only professional C.I. modules allow multiple viewing/recording.
Obviously, we are talking only about official and legal ways to use smartcards, that's by their own C.I. smartcam module... ;)