Unicable setup Vu+ Duo2

RatManJoe

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys need help
Currently have quattro lnb + terrestrial to 5/4 standard multiswitch. Running motorised 1x Duo2+1xSolo2+1xfreesat receiver. Everything running perfectly

I have bought Smart DPA 98 Unicable 9/8 multiswitch to replace standard mutiswitch above as I have only one cable running to each receiver

CANNOT GET IT TO WORK. When I swap back to standard multiswitch all OK again.

1. Do I have to reconfigure tuners to suit unicable.
2. Is anyone using Unicable with VU+ latest receivers and HOW?
Looking forward to your help

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@RatManJoe
1. Yes
2. Yes, I'm using it on Solo2, but only motorised Unicable with 4 frequencies http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-usals-motorized-dish-and-scr-unicable-lnb.13352/

It's not clear, how do you want to use DPA 98 multiswitch, anyway you have to use 8 frequencies Unicable standard (1284, 1400, 1516, 1632, 1748, 1864, 1980, 2096), setting different frequency for every tuner. And it's better to use 1-8 splitter, not to have loops from one tuner to other.
Consult your DPA 98 user manual for Diseqc commands (1.0, 1.2,.. ) for switching sats.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@RatManJoe : As I understand, you want to use your "quattro" LNB, one of its outputs is loopthroughed to motor now. You should connect your LNB's outputs to SAT A input of your new switch and follow what I wrote above. (Tuners configurations)

Should work ;).

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Hi @RatManJoe and @paolino (and any other is welcome!),

I too am going to install a Unicable multiswitch 9/8 to get a dual-feed system (Astra and Hotbird, but in my case without a motor) for my Duo2.

I've a couple of questions:
a) How did you setup the configuration for your 2 Duo2's tuners, particularly in regards to the DiSEqC options for Unicable (Unicable matrix)?
b) Are you able to use the same tuner to watch channels from both the satellites (I mean in case of a motor, what is connected both to port A and port B of the multiswitch), or are you required to reserve Tuner A only for port A (or B) and Tuner B only for port B (or A)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Inverto IDLP-USS2OO-CUO1O-8PP
Code:
http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=49&id=161

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Inverto IDLP-USS2OO-CUO1O-8PP
Code:
http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=49&id=161
OK, should work in this way:
Use splitter to give an independent signal to every tuner.
Unicable Matrix should be G-Star (set different and lowest frequencies for every tuner)
For Diseqc use 1.0 and "Confirm Diseqc" AA for LNB1 and AB for LNB2

Good luck ;).

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Thank you very much Paolino.
Finally some clear instructions about this unusual type of Unicable setup!:)

At the moment I'm not yet ready to test the suggestion as I've already got all the sat hardware (the multiswitch and 2 Quattro LNBs) but I'm waiting for the antenna fitter to came in the next few days and mount all this stuff on the roof.

I just wonder how crazy the antenna fitter will get when he'll see the things he has to set-up and check!:)

I'll report back when everything will have been installed.

Last edited:

lucia__39

Vu+ Newbie
hola buenos días, me presento que es la primera vez que me animo a escribir por aquí y que es nada por la desesperación que me acarrea el conflicto que tengo entre mi lnb unicable inverto y mi decodificador v + du2 con doble sintonizador sat, llevo tiempo que puedo configurar para poder aprovechar al máximo las posibilidades de que este sea el momento, me gustaría saber cómo puedo configurarlo para poder hacer la transmisión de video a través de los equipos, estoy desesperada. leo es algo personalizado a las funciones de cada usuario.
Mi idea es poder hacer la mayor cantidad de transmisión posible que pueda tener el conjunto en una sola lista inverte con el v + dúo 2 con doble sintonizador, Agradecimiento fuera posible hacerlo como seria.
Un gran saludo para toda la gente que hace posible todo este mundillo tan interesante como la vez tan complicado. Perdón ando algo perdida en este foro y no se si he escrito en el sitio adecuado por eso repito mi duda.