uPNP Media Server plugin for VU+ Duo

matteo_bz

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, someone can help me? Where can I find a upnp media server plugin for the VU+?
I want to share the movies in my VU+ in my home network, so can I open them from the other devices connected.
Thank you very much,

Matteo

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Hmm I dont is this will help you but you can use Samba and your hdd will be visible in your home network.

matteo_bz

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you Zupy, but is not the same. With an uPNP standard media server I can play movies directly on a normal TV, without any pc or other media players. Play directly from uPNP media servers is embedded in all the new TV in commerce. So in my case i can play movies on my panasonic TV in my bed room connected in my network directly from the VU+ that is installed in the living room.

matteo

Jako

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, someone can help me? Where can I find a upnp media server plugin for the VU+?
I want to share the movies in my VU+ in my home network, so can I open them from the other devices connected.
Thank you very much,

Matteo
Have look to VTI or OPENPLI image feed there is UPNP and djmount plugins

moonshinersat

Vu+ Newbie
hi felipeleon!
i don't know if your interest to this topic is already on....
anyway, what you need it uShare.
take a look at this thread: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/djmount.1023/
i know... it's in italian language, but you have only to download all .ipk and install them (scroll thread for all .ipk files and don't stop at first group); remember to restart your Vu appliance at the end of installation.
at the end you should have installed uShare (DLNA server) and djmount (DLNA client) and a plugin called UPnP (to control/config DLNA server and client).
and of course, they need fuse module (it is in the list of .ipk files).
let me know if you need help with translation from italian language
wink.gif