VLC or PC App for streaming BH over the internet?

mrkrabs

Vu+ Newbie
Hi folks,

Has anyone been able to successfully stream over the internet using VLC or a PC app? I've been trying for ages now but VLC is giving me MLC error of some kind. I am not sure how to set it up correctly.

Is there a PC app with an interface that will do this? Note: It works perfectly on my LAN, just not over the WAN/internet.

I am on the latest BH 2.0.1 Rev A image. Thank you!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi folks,

Has anyone been able to successfully stream over the internet using VLC or a PC app? I've been trying for ages now but VLC is giving me MLC error of some kind. I am not sure how to set it up correctly.

Is there a PC app with an interface that will do this? Note: It works perfectly on my LAN, just not over the WAN/internet.

I am on the latest BH 2.0.1 Rev A image. Thank you!

You should try Transcoding and Vu+ Player Android App.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...ilable-on-google-play.11168/page-2#post-85118

VLC works over Internet but it's not perfect solution - video is glitchy due to bandwidth requirements - you need very good and fast broadband connection. It needs some work on your router as well (ports redirecting/forwarding).

mrkrabs

Vu+ Newbie
VLC works over Internet but it's not perfect solution - video is glitchy due to bandwidth requirements - you need very good and fast broadband connection. It needs some work on your router as well (ports redirecting/forwarding).

Thanks. I have 10Mbps upload but what ports do I nrrd to configure for VLC?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

mrkrabs

Vu+ Newbie
How exactly do I set these up in VLC Player? No matter what I try I just can't get it to stream over the internet. It will play find from Windows Media Player however, there is no option in WMP to change audio channels which is furstrating.

you need to configure your router - not vlc - forward port 80, 8001 and 8002 from router to your vu - after it's done you will be able to use webif over the Internet, save m3u files and play them from remote location