VLC plugin crash

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
I resolved that problem which was a trouble with host. I have modified some data and now i can see all my directory on my box but unfortunately it couldn't open all avi or other files. there are 2 message one is on the box and the other is on my pc which is installated the vlc. I thought when i saw all the directory that the problem was resolved finaly after a 5 hours of hard work , but now is even the problem of reading of files . Thats strange ? Thanks

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
Then it's a problem of VLC version, which is installed on pc, or is the plugin on box that doesen't work well ? Is there some solution for this problem or maybe the next image might resolve that ?

strummer

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I'm having problems getting the vlc plugin on BH 2.0.3 to work with the latest vlc 2.0.6

I have done the following

set up a shared folder on my PC
added "--intf wxwin --extraintf=http" to vlc to the target in the shortcut on my PC
opened VLC and added a web interface
set up the server on my Duo

When I try to access the films i get the error message "error loading playist server Server 1: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden" and no films are showing.
I even temporarily disabled my firewall but still get the same error message

Anyone got any ideas to get this working?

Cheers

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
Strummer

As you can see an the previus posts , at the moment the VLC is out of date on the box, then for the moment it's anything that can make working the Vlc on the box. We all are waiting for new releases to fix this incovinient.

chevrolet

Vu+ Newbie
@Strummer,
I also have been trying to solve this problem but,,,,no luck
The only thing is "downgrading" to BH OE 1.6

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
I think it's very strange that the new image don't work with VLC if the previus image has been worked. To downgrade only for this function i think it couldn't be a clever thing. I can't understand why this function doesen't go when i know that other boxes similar VU+ works great !

Piet Para

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
has this been fixed yet? I have this same problem ("VLC plugin crashes and duo2 reboots") when starting a movie on PC.

I am using and older VLC version (1.0.5) on PC as I had found in a post on a different forum that this would work. With latest version of VLC player 2.1.2 for PC the same error "error loading playist server Server 1: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden" occurs. So at least the old version is a bit better, but then plugin for Blackhole crashes.

Anybody any news on this?

thanks
PietPara

Piet Para

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

it's quite weird there is no solution for this, or that many people complain about missing this functionality.
Seems to me that streaming video from your PC or NAS should be a very common and desirable function for most.

Maybe someone knows of a different method (than with VLC) to stream from PC to VU+ Duo2 with support for all video formats (Built in Media Player hardly supports anything apparently)?

cheers
PietPara