VU+ 4K + LNB's, unicable etc.

olddroid

Vu+ Newbie
I'm interested in buying a VU+ Solo 4K. I have a ET 10000 with 3 tuners and 4 lnb's on 1 west, 5, 13 and 19.2 east. I use 4 quad lnb's. As far as I understand, it's possible for me to change to Unicable-lnb's, and then it's equal to have 8 tuners...? 99 % of my TV-viewing is on 1 west, so I don't need to be able to view and/or record more than 1 channel on the 3 other positions, but would like to be able to be able to view/record 8 channels simultaneous on 1 west. Have I understood this right?

olddroid

Vu+ Newbie
With a VU+ 4K and 4 postions, what LNB and what switches do I need...? And, do I need 1 cable out to the 4 LNB's, or how is it...?

alex79

Vu+ Newbie
I don't know if i can help you! i have a solo 4k whit 2 sat connection hybrid! in the setting menu i can configure 8 tuner, i've try to record 2 channel and look 1 other! work perfect

sunlight786

Vu+ Newbie
I am struggling big time with this solo 4k.

I have 1 meter dish with fix Quatro Lnb
I have bought Unicable Multi switch where I can input my Quatro lnb and it give 1 UNI SCR out put for 8 boxes.
I have insert that single SCR cable to tuner A

I have tried to select tuner config to Advance then LNb 1 , Unicable,Scr1 etc.....
I have disable/Enable the Tuner B
I have also tried to leave all the rest tuner as it is and also set then as connected to tuner A in advance set up.

So far By using single cable I can not be able to get even all 28.2e channels to watch. or some time if accidentally some channels come through when I fiddle in tuner setting then I can record only 1 channels all rest not OK to watch.

Any one eher who are Using this new Technology Box with Unicable LNb ?

All I want is by using Tuner A&B record many channels on any frequency with out any truble.

Can some help please?

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not have Unicable

see here, but it is in German, may help you.

Code:
http://www.vuplus-support.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tunerkonfiguration_Vu+_Solo_4K_mit_einem_DVB-S2_FBC_Dual_Tuner_und_einem_DVB-S2_Dual_Tuner#Unicable_.2F_JESS_f.C3.BCr_eine_Satposition

you have to connect
B with A , C with B ,D with C e.t.c

Last edited by a moderator:

sunlight786

Vu+ Newbie
cool,
i will do some more experiments this evening.It,s shame that we have to go through this tuner set up pain.

It is not straight forward or simple as the Vu manufacturer advertised about capability of 8x tuners. This box is out for a while now and I am still thinking some one here 100% has done his set up with Unicable and figure it all out. it is only a matter if it can be share.
I am thinking to get Unicable Lnb also so i can experiment with direct wire from lnb to box but again Do not know which LNB exact to choose which 100% suits to this box.

with all of your help I may get the set up right.

I Will come back here with latest.

Matrix10

Administrator
This is all new
when it is known it will be easy.
on this forum have a lot more users and information abt
Unicable

Code:
http://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb3/index.php

You have to search and may use google translation.
I have seen many posts about Unicable problems and configurations.

This is not a receiver problem
more novelty.
8 tuners working for sure if you have good sat instalation and configuration.

Last edited by a moderator: