VU+ Duo 2 - FAN rattling

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone,

I just received my DUO2 last tuesday, everything was working nicely but since yesterday, FAN started to make some annoying noise, like rattling noise.

I send a mail to VU and to the reseller, hoping to receive a new FAN.

I wanted to know through this thread if some of you encountered some similiar issue with the VU+ FAN and if there is a FAN Alternative. I read everywhere this is a special FAN, not controlled with voltage but with current.

I didn't dare to plug it off since weather is really hot in Belgium for the moment.

The only solution I found, waiting for a new FAN, is to inclinate a little bit the device, put something behind or in front to make an angle, and then the noise is almost (but not totally) gone.

Thanks for sharing your advices and suggestions.

Cheers

Legau

krk

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problem and I solve it like this. Install fan control 2 and raise min. spining to 600 or more. No more rattling. Box is cooler but also you hear fan ali the time,only without rattling. For sure that fan is bad HW but I am not sure if I buy new one it will be better or not?
Also if someone know some nice substitute fan that is works fine and quiet,please write here some models ! Thx

Last edited:

octolnb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,

Have you replaced the fan yet?

I have also a experienced a similar noise from the fan. It sounds really bad, especially during startup (from hard reset).
I will contact the reseller and see what they make of it... It would be great if we could just get a new fan and replace it
ourselves.

Cheers

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
I think I will . But it's just a big hassle being with out my box for an indefinite period of time, when it is practical brand new.

albugna

Vu+ Newbie
The fan of my duo2 is rattling too after few months of work ... did anyone find a suitable replacement for it?