VU+ DUO Dead Tuners

any-mgzt

Vu+ Newbie
My Duo has been playing up for a couple of weeks, with certain channels being pixelated intermittently and when scanning the satellite only detecting around 500 channels. I had been running Blackhole 2.1.7 so thought I might try a new image and flashed VIX Hades (latest build) scanned and had 800 channels found so some improvement I thought. Additionally the box had been freezing randomly, it did this both with Blackhole and the VIX images, freeze with no response to the remote requiring a power off and restart.

Finally today it froze and would not tune to any channel, I did a satellite signal check on both tuners and neither would lock, I disconnected the hard drive to check if it was possible a power supply issue, with no change. Powered off and unplugged for an hour, tried again and no change so I guess it finally died.

javier007

Vu+ User
you could try this..

http://vuplus-community.net/board/threads/bad-signal-no-all-channel.24406/
Hi all member.
I hope this is the last time i Fix my vu+duo.
For the last year i had some problem whit bad og poor/low signal.
And i quiet shure i had good signal form dish/lnb.
Replase C837 100uF 16v and C864 220uF 16V Electrolytic capacitor.
I got from snr 45-55 to 72-87.
almost everithing ok now i think.
But no i dont get the channel on 12015mhz most hd channel.
Replase C852 100uF 16V for hi band.

in another forum i found this other capacitor to change for fix tunner pixelation and low signal problem...C848, 1000 uF 10v

regardsss...

any-mgzt

Vu+ Newbie
Update, fixed it after a trawl of the forums, looked through a few post re the Red light problem and found where someone had changed C807 but also C848. I found a PDF of the circuit and found that C819 could also possibly be causing the problem, so changed both C848 & C819 with 1000microfarad 25v (originals were 10V).

Tested and now get all channels with signal lock on both tuners 85 - 90% SNR.

Positions as shown in attachedVU REPAIR.jpg

Yes I also have additional fan over the processor fitted.

Attachments

• Schema DUO.pdf
    10.9 MB · Views: 479
Last edited:

gecko

Vu+ Newbie
hello,
Reflash official image here will put everything in place.
Then Reflash vorez favorite image and everything should work.
m this solution has already helped out so experienced.

http://code.vuplus.com/