VU+Duo Doesn't search horizontal frequencies

Luis Henriques

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I need help to understand what's going on with my VU+ Duo.
2 weeks ago it started to became very slow in what concerns to show channels and in some frequencies it even shows the message "Tune failed", but after a few seconds the channel appears.
I thought that it would be from the LNB, a new one from Octagon, and i connect another STB with mucl lower specifications and everything appears to be fine. I've connected the VU+ again and after a restart the problem seems to be solved. Next the same situation, so i decided to flash a new BH image and the problem remains. meanwhile, i've tried OpenPLI and OpenATV images without results.
Now the VU+ only search for Vertical Transponders.
I've checked the satellite xml file and the Horizontal frequencies are present in the file but the tuner seems to ignore them.
Any clues about what's going on?
Regards,

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi,
I need help to understand what's going on with my VU+ Duo.
2 weeks ago it started to became very slow in what concerns to show channels and in some frequencies it even shows the message "Tune failed", but after a few seconds the channel appears.
I thought that it would be from the LNB, a new one from Octagon, and i connect another STB with mucl lower specifications and everything appears to be fine. I've connected the VU+ again and after a restart the problem seems to be solved. Next the same situation, so i decided to flash a new BH image and the problem remains. meanwhile, i've tried OpenPLI and OpenATV images without results.
Now the VU+ only search for Vertical Transponders.
I've checked the satellite xml file and the Horizontal frequencies are present in the file but the tuner seems to ignore them.
Any clues about what's going on?
Regards,

LNB vertical voltage is +- 13 volt
LNB horizontal voltage is +- 18 volt

Which means that you have a loss of voltage for the horizontal polarization.
Which means that the problem may be in the receiver, cables, connectors,LNB, the motor, DiSEqC switch.

To determine where you have to start controlling the above elements.

It is also possible to measure the voltage at the LNB receiver connector.

So voltmeter will show where the problem arises.
By measuring the output of the receiver (LNB), and at the end of the cable which is connected to the LNB.

Mick12334

Also check that you have a genuine VU+ Duo, as this is an old model, which has been replaced by the VU+ Solo 2, VU+ Duo 2, VU+ Solo SE, and VU+ Solo 4K.
It has been known for clone receivers to have problems, due to the very cheap components.

Luis Henriques

Vu+ Newbie
LNB vertical voltage is +- 13 volt
LNB horizontal voltage is +- 18 volt

Which means that you have a loss of voltage for the horizontal polarization.
Which means that the problem may be in the receiver, cables, connectors,LNB, the motor, DiSEqC switch.

To determine where you have to start controlling the above elements.

It is also possible to measure the voltage at the LNB receiver connector.

So voltmeter will show where the problem arises.
By measuring the output of the receiver (LNB), and at the end of the cable which is connected to the LNB.

I think it's from VU+ because a cheaper STB, an Opticum Odin performs nice with the same connections (lnb, cables, etc) and i doesn't have motor. It's connected to a fixed antena

Luis Henriques

Vu+ Newbie
Also check that you have a genuine VU+ Duo, as this is an old model, which has been replaced by the VU+ Solo 2, VU+ Duo 2, VU+ Solo SE, and VU+ Solo 4K.
It has been known for clone receivers to have problems, due to the very cheap components.

My VU+ Duo is original. I never had trouble with it besides the capacitor problem that i repaired following forum tutorials.

any-mgzt

Vu+ Newbie
It could be other capacitors associated with the LNB power cant remember at the mo but I changed 2 or 3 more a while ago

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Luis Henriques

Vu+ Newbie
It could be other capacitors associated with the LNB power cant remember at the mo but I changed 2 or 3 more a while ago

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I thought about it but i don't know what the capacitors. If anyone knows the capacitors name, please help.

Luis Henriques

Vu+ Newbie
I've this on another forum and it's the problem that i have. Can someone confirm that is the capacitor marked C848 ?

"Hi everyone, not posted for a very long time.

Just to say thanks for this thread, fix my 5 year old Vu+DUO by replacing cap C848.

I had already replaced cap C807 about 2 years ago.

The problem I had this time channels were appearing "grey" in the channel list after a scan and there were only about 300 where I would get 600+. Selecting the channel I would get "Tune Failed". Tried changing images, satellite.xml, tuner configurations, some else's sat dish etc. nothing worked.

After replacing C848 with a 1500uF 10v @ 105C did another scan now up to 700 channels and my SNR has increased from about 45 to 70.

Thanks again."

Luis Henriques

Vu+ Newbie
I've changed C848 capacitor with a 1000uF 25v @ 105ºC and voila, VU+ is alive again. Now it founds nearly 700 channels in Hispasat 30ºW.