VU+ Duo red light & stuck on "starting..."

Ritchie1971

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys, and girls..
I am a newbie and am glad to be part of your site, it is very informative.

I have the same problem I see a lot of guys posting and it is driving the wife nuts. I only bought my Duo 1 yr ago. But now when I switch on the rocker switch at the back of the box, the red light in the top left of the LCD is constantly on, and the words "starting...." stuck on display. It was working fine until I decided look up ******* and update the epg. But somewhere along the line I pressed "update all" and it started to download everything (all the updates, lots of Mb's). So I aborted this, I think by switching it off at the back and when I restarted it, it locked on me. I then shut down and tried to reboot with the usb in the front, and nothing, still displaying starting on the front panel. After several attempts at rebooting to no avail, I searched the forum and seen people with a similar problem, talking about replacing C807 capacitor. I took it to a company in the local Ind Est and asked them if they could replace this, and they replaced all three capacitors (C807, C814 & C850). I got the box home and still the same, red light and "starting..." on the front display. Can anybody help me... I am lost on what to try next? Or where to send for a repair. Any information on what to do next would be grateful.

A little info on the box, It is the model with the SMD (Surface Mount Device). These were replaced with a 220 35v capacitor on C807 and 220 16v capacitors on the other two as in the pic.
C807.jpg IMG_1802.JPG IMG_1806.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 84

Ritchie1971

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks guys, as I'm a neebie, can anyone point me in the right direction of a new image, and what image should I install/best?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
It was working fine until I decided look up ******* and update the epg. But somewhere along the line I pressed "update all" and it started to download everything (all the updates, lots of Mb's)....

We don't support that kind of plugin and errors due that plugin installation.

Thanks guys, as I'm a neebie, can anyone point me in the right direction of a new image, and what image should I install/best?

There is not best image. There are images you like or don't. It's up to you.

Mick12334

Any image will do, for you to try loading, just remember to format your USB stick and ensure it is FAT 32.
Code:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-duo-black-hole-images.28/
Is it the VU+ Duo or VU+ Duo2 you have?

Ritchie1971

Vu+ Newbie
It is the Vu+ Duo mate.

Any image will do, for you to try loading, just remember to format your USB stick and ensure it is FAT 32.
Code:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-duo-black-hole-images.28/
Is it the VU+ Duo or VU+ Duo2 you have?

Ritchie1971

Vu+ Newbie
Ok guys, a little update... first thank you for all the really useful info, as I would never had been able to do this on my own, but the level of help and knowledge has been second to none.
Now, I flashed it with a new bootloader and image using the pen drive I have always used, that was plugged in the back of the box and nothing. I then did the same with a new pen drive and voila!! Rebooted and everything is fine. Loaded a new image and everything is smashing. Must have been the software sticking.

Now I have to try and get all my channels back. Thanks again.