VU Duo Slow on Starting - From Cold

any-mgzt

Vu+ Newbie
My Vu Duo has been ramdomly restarting during the night, so last night I switched it off at the mains. This morning when I switched it on initially it was stuck on the RED light and STARTING so I left it for arounf 5 minutes, no change. Switched it off again and on, this time it booted but with no video output from the HDMI (did not check others Scart etc), the cooling FAN did not start either.

So left it in that state for about 10 minutes, switched it off and on again, booted fine, fan started, and have good operation again.

Around a year ago I had a problem with tuner B low signal, so I changed a number of capacitors on the motherboard, as advised in other posts on here. I had previously changed the C803 to avoid the Red Light Issue. I also at the time noticed 2 capacitors on the power supply board were buldging, so changed those as well.

The problem I have now seems to be possibly a heat issue, as it will not start from cold having been switched off over night.

Does anyone else have any possible ideas, Power Supply? Motherboard?

(The ramdom over night restarts do not save a Log File so cannot post here.)

Vytenis P.

Vu+ User
If you have changed capacitors, another idea is a cold soldering - your soldering may be bounced (this happens when heated not enough, when soldering, or moves, when cooling) somewhere and sometimes, especially when mobo not yet warmed up, there is no good contact. Or you used bad capacitors and they dead very fast.
But seams to me it is a STB power problem. Or may be you have some equipment, which is starting at night and at that moment it takes a lot of tension, e.g. water boilers?