Vu Duo Tuners

ledra

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everybody.
Recently I bought a Vu Duo sat receiver and I am experiencing the following problem. Already I have for some time a DM800. On making an auto scan of 19.2E sat, I noticed that only few channels were download, compared t9o those of DM800. Investigating further by doing maqnual scan of several frequ. on 19,2E sat I noticed that if I was offsetting the frequency by 6 unitsw up, I could receive the channels of the transponder. To give you an example trying to manual scan transp. 11038V 22000
5/6, nothing was downloaded. If I was shifting the frequ. by 3 units up, 11941v and up to 11052v, then the channels were received, nothing berfore 11941, nothing after 11052. I tried this for several transponders and the result was the same. To rule out the possibility of LNB problem, I interchanged the LNBs between VU DUO and DM800 with the same result, the DM800 was good while the VU DUO needed freq. shifting. At the moment I am using BH 1.6.3 image but the problem was with BH 1.6.2 as well. Also I tried the same proceiture on the second tuner and the results were exactly the same. I wonder whether both tuners have a commom stabilised power supply and something is wrong with it. Any advice welcomed.
Best regards,
Ledra

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not have this problem.
But to mention that the problem can occur not only in tuners
but in the downmix oscillators that is common to all tuners.

So this problem may occur at several places and not just the tuners.

ledra

Vu+ Newbie
I do not have this problem.
But to mention that the problem can occur not only in tuners
but in the downmix oscillators that is common to all tuners.
Thanks for the answer. What is the solution then?
Ledra

So this problem may occur at several places and not just the tuners.

Matrix10

Administrator
If you are sure that the LNB is OK
I see no other option but to send for repair,
Of course, if it really bothers you.

ledra

Vu+ Newbie
If you are sure that the LNB is OK
I see no other option but to send for repair,
Of course, if it really bothers you.
Thank you for your answer. Ofcourse it bothers me. I cannot make an automatic scan, I have to put all the channels in manual scan, by offsetting the freq.
I wonder, did anybody else had the same problem?
Best regards,
Ledra