Vu+ Duo2 came today - questions

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
Vu+ Duo2 arrived today and have the 1st questions:
1. How can we sort channels in the receiver?
2. I can find terrestrial channels from DVB-T tuner only if I choose satellite/terrestrial. Can I put them in the same list with the satellites channels?
3. How can I remove the black hole background from LCD screen? Can I turn it off?

Thank you!

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you! Can channels be auto sorted by the order they are found during scan? By their TP order? So, channels can be sorted only when they are in bouquets? I found 34 DCB-T channels and want to sort them. Do i have to move them 1 by one to Favorites and sort them there?

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
1. Is there any way to see the $ for encrypted channels in the channel list? I know when I open a channel there is a key on info, but can we know if it is encrypted before we open it? Why is the $ not by default next to encrypted channels?

2. I made manual scan to satellites and found many channels of this form: 10729V SID 0x7862. Why are these frequencies found in the results?

3. Is there a way to change on fly the channel sorting on the receiver? Eg from alphabetical sort, sort them by transponder and then back to alphabetical sorting?

4. Is there any way to set Vu+ to output unscaled image and let my TV to do the scaling?

5. What refresh rate should I choose for my HD ready Pioneed PDP-428XD?

Thank you!

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Many channels are indeed always encrypted but some others only sometimes, so in the listings a key mark near the channel name would be often misleading, therefore only by actually tuning a channel it's possible to determine (and then show) if it's currently encrypted or not.

About the channel native resolution there should be a optional plugin for autoresolution.
Please consider that however HDMI standards don't officially allow SD interlaced resolution (ex. PAL 576i/25) typical of SD channels, so normally at least a signal deinterlacing process should take place within the box.
For this reason HDMI interlaced signal compatibility is to be tested with your actual TV set.

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
1. About EPG: I can open it two ways:
a. Button EPG on the remote
b. Down arrow on the remote, number 3 on the remote.

These 3 EPGs are different. I prefer the 2nd way. Is it possible to open by pressing the button EPG on the remote the EPG that looks like the 2nd case?
Is there no Favorites button on the remote? Which is the quickest way to open favorites (bouquets) ?

Thank you

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Is it possible to open by pressing the button EPG on the remote the EPG that looks like the 2nd case?
Is there no Favorites button on the remote? Which is the quickest way to open favorites (bouquets) ?
Use the MultiQuickButton plugin to remap the remote's buttons as you like.

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you.
I try to find a sorting that is similar to my previous receiver: All channels were numbered and if I put them to favorites they had the same number they had in All channels list. Would it be too much for Vu+ memory if I made a buquet for each satellite (with all its channels)? So all channels would be numbered.
I have a motorized dish and about 11000 channels.

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
Default BH media player does not play subbtitles. Do I have to install another media player like DDamir to do it?
Thank you.