External VU+ Duo2 External HDD not recording

stainless

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have 500GB of internal drive which works perfectly. I have now attached a 1TB external drive, which has been initialised. I am having following issues:
  • When I map external to Media/HDD, I do not see recordings on my internal drive even though the internal is also mapped to media/HDD
  • If I try to record anything it says that HDD is not formatted but when I try to format I get an error to say that formatting is failed
  • Is there a way to transfer recordings from internal HDD to external so I get more space in internal?
  • I also have attached an 8GB USB flash drive to increase the internal flash - is it worth doing on vu+ duo2 as I do not see any difference in the performance.
Thanks in advance for reading my post

Vytenis P.

Vu+ User
You can mount your external hdd to /media/video, /media/hdd2, /media/HDD, if any created. The same mount, as internal hdd isn't a good idea. Even more so both hards are in different filesystems - internal is ext3, or ext4, external is vfat (e.g. fat32) I think and you want to format them both mounted as /media/hdd.
The place for recordings will be located you can specify in Recording preferences.
Is the internal flash fully utilized now? You can see it in "About". If not, external would not be used.

stainless

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Vytenis P. This is helpful.

I have changed internal HDD to media\video and external one to media\hdd so I do not have to change the recording location etc.

I can now record perfectly on external one so thanks.

I have one more question, now that I have changed the internal HDD to media\video, how can access the recordings that are already saved on it? In the medial player, I only see internal HDD now.

Vytenis P.

Vu+ User
You do not see external hdd mounted as /media/hdd? Make sure if it is really mounted in menu Black Hole Apps > Devices manager. If yes, open your movie location, press menu and here you can open all your mounts.