VU+ Duo2 Tuner Setting!

aardvark5

Vu+ Newbie
Okay I may know the answer.
I've now tried all suggestions by everybody who has posted plus lots in other forums.
I've just gone down to basics with one motorised cable into Tuner A and I can move the dish etc with Positioner Setup.
I then put the motorised cable into Tuner B (set to USALS/Advanced etc) and nothing happens, I can't even get a picture.
At this point I've now concluded that Tuner B is buggered.

So can other Duo2 owners use just Tuner B with the second cable removed?
I can do it with my Solo2.

Mick12334

Just switched coax from Tuner A to Tuner B, gone into settings, and set Tuner B up to advanced, scanned in some channels, and it works perfectly, on the channels I've scanned in. No cable in Tumer A.

The good news is that these tuners are plug & play, so similar to fitting a graphics card, in a PC. If the Tuner is faulty contact your supplier and they might ship you one free of charge, alternatively they might want your old tuner card, to test, or for you to return the receiver.

Mick12334

Last night I had to set up both tuners, on my VU+ Duo 2, as I had to record a program, for my parents, which I later burn to DVD, and I wanted to watch the football.
Setting it up was very easy, and everything worked, including the motor, after I'd finished the recording, which seems to point to a problem with your receiver.
I selected the option of "Second Cable of Motorized LNB Tuner A".

Have you resolved your problem, aardvark5?
Hopefully your supplier is going to either replace the faulty receiver or repair it quickly.

aardvark5

Vu+ Newbie
Update and a BIG THANKS to Tony from HISAT who sent a new tuner but that didn't work so they had the receiver back to test it.

I can see I confused people by saying USALS on both tuners therefore some may have thought I had two motors.
Tony informed me that having USALS on both tuners using only a single motor could confuse the system and the proper setting should be Tuner A: USALS Tuner B: Second Cable of Motorised Dish.
I know that I had tried that setting several times with no luck but I tried it on my Solo2 and it worked and I'm still using it now.

Tony from HISAT sent the receiver back with a STAB motor to try just in case it might be the motor but the receiver worked immediately!

So to be honest I don't know what has happened except for it being a glitch.
I had already done a factory reset, used different images, downloaded up to date Catseye Satellite channels and tried every tuner combination with no luck.

Thanks to Tony and his magic touch it is now fully working - up to 3 channels can be recorded at the same time and after the recordings have finished it can move to another satellite like my Solo2.