VU+DUO2 Tuners Overheating

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
The router that i'm using is a Linxsys WRT54GS WPA2 Personal security and i have 4 Game consoles connected wirelessly, WII,WIIU,PS3 and 3DS but whenever i try to connect the VU+DUO2 with WPA 2 Personal i get the message "can NOT generate a passphrase"
Check special characters in password. Change it temporarily so it contains a...z0...1 only and try again.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka

dreamnu

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
i don´t have a VU+ duo2 yet but soon. Is it common problems with the fan noise and high db on duo2?
High temp on the tuner is that a tuner problems the we have to change the tuners laither on to the garanti?
I don´t wont have a resiver with high fan sound and hot tuners, hot tuners do that the maskin hangs, frees and not working.
Any solutions on this problems fron the manafakturs?

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
I have a duo2 and manual fan plugin installed. I set it to 130 with 10 interval and on in standby. The reported temperature is 35-38C and fan in totally silent (805 rpm reported). You can hear fan during boot process for about 5sec only.
Another thing is the temperature of the tuners' in-plugs (F-type). They are extremely hot but I wouldn't care. It is expected to be that way, I assume.

kakultube

Vu+ Newbie
If You Have Overheating Problem Just Update ur Drivers with that File Duo 2 Overheat problem is resolved with that drivers file

Attachments

• vuplus_openvuplus-1d3234a.tar.gz
    22.2 MB · Views: 16

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
I've just checked tuner's f-type plugs and I can tell you that they are much cooler than when I checked them last time. So no need for new drivers, thanks.

BTW, what exactly to do with your driver file? I looked inside it and it looked like part of the development tree... In future, if I need one, what will I do with such a file?

Regards.

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you. I thought that archive could be some new alpha or testing ones...

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Tunder

Vu+ Newbie
My new duo2 tuners also get hot, I noticed the fan pulls the hot air from the inside to the out side, I am wondering if anybody turned the fan around and if it made any difference by pulling cool air inside the box.
Let us know.
Regards.
Tunder

Tunder

Vu+ Newbie
Oh, Ok , I put a laptop cooler under the receiver and the temperature went from 29C down to 22C.
I will turn the fan around and see if makes a difference.
Thanks for you comments.
Tunder

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
You don't need any extra cooling if you have 29C... unless you are kind of extreme overclocker... ;-);-)

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300