VU+ Duo2 with HDD, BH 2.1.4. The problem with timeshift.

tmykrk

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
VU + Duo 2 HDD. Uploaded crisp BH version 2.1.4. The problem with timeshift. From the list of available plugins, I installed the timeshift. Works.
Problem: when I want to record the current program (channel), and use the button on the remote control, the one with the red dot, the timeshift crashes. When I turn on the recording using the EPG - everything is working properly. Can I ask for any suggestions, please?

Regards.
Tomasz

Mito

Administrator
I think you have installed permanent timeshift plugin.
Therefore, uninstall it and verify if the instant recording works fine.

PS: I assume you have mounted your HDD by BH Devices Manager...

tmykrk

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
Thank you very much for your answer (lightning).
Yes, I confirm that I installed HDD in the way you have described.
Maybe I shew an idiot, but I would like to be able to continuously record the channel you are watching, just timeshift. Is the BH has its own timeshift, what else can I uninstall "permanent timeshift" would like to have this functionality...?

Regards.
Tomasz

Mito

Administrator
I've suggested to uninstall the plugin to verify if is it the cause of the crashes.
Maybe permanent timeshift is not compatible with last BH image and it needs to be update by it's author.

tmykrk

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
The good news is that it works. The bad news is that I'm not sure what helped.
1. immediately after the plugin crash, press the record button invokes the correct menu (I suppose that at that time the plugin is started and is not active)
2. after uninstalling the plugin everything is working correctly,
3. I checked the record paths (configuration), and here it was strange. 3 paths pointed to hdd/movie but the path to timeshift indicated media/hdd.
3a. after uninstalling the timeshift plugin path for timeshit remains (even after reboot Vu+)
3b. I changed all the paths that start from the media/hdd/
3c. I installed the timeshift plugin again and rebooted Vu+
Success: It works both, timeshit and recording using the button with the red dot:)

Regards.
Tomasz

begby

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
The good news is that it works. The bad news is that I'm not sure what helped.
1. immediately after the plugin crash, press the record button invokes the correct menu (I suppose that at that time the plugin is started and is not active)
2. after uninstalling the plugin everything is working correctly,
3. I checked the record paths (configuration), and here it was strange. 3 paths pointed to hdd/movie but the path to timeshift indicated media/hdd.
3a. after uninstalling the timeshift plugin path for timeshit remains (even after reboot Vu+)
3b. I changed all the paths that start from the media/hdd/
3c. I installed the timeshift plugin again and rebooted Vu+
Success: It works both, timeshit and recording using the button with the red dot:)

Regards.
Tomasz

I did same , uninstall TS plugin changed paths and is still dos not work... " issue NOT solved "
Any idea from somebody ?

Vu+ solo 2, BH 2.1.5

begby

Vu+ Newbie

gmx

Vu+ Newbie
Install permanantTimeshift1.0.0-final from blackhole addons plugins
Works perfectly. I had issues with other plugins, this ones perfect