VU Plus Solo 2 LAN Problem

vuckpand

Vu+ Newbie
Hello my friends,
I have a big problem with my Vu Plus Solo 2.
I can't conect the receiver with my router because the ethernet network on bord(LAN) is damaged.
I try to use wireless network with a wireless USB Adapter 802.11b/g/n(300 Mbps).
After setting the network system on Vu, everything seems be allright, but, when the power is off for receiver, after start the VU, I must resetting again the network on VU.
Due to the provider of energy power, I have many breakdown the power, and of course problems with the network settings of VU.
Now I buy a network adapter USB to LAN, with installation CD type LE88179.
I put the adapter in one of USB back entries of VU, but nothinng happens.
On the instalation CD I see the folder with Linux drivers(.tar), but I don't know how install on my Vu Plus Solo 2 the driver.
I don't know the way to fix these problem, and to use the USB to LAN adapter.
If somebody can explain to me for newbies how to make the Vu work?!?

Thank You for your patience, and sorry for my poor english.

AlexWilMac

First of all, you don't report the most important info: what image do you use?
Then, every HW needs drivers and VU+ images, although based on Linux, are not Linux. Then, Linux is not a unique O.S because there are many distributions. Sometimes it's also difficult to use Linux drivers if they are made for a specific distribution (usually Debian).
It would have been better to check which adapters were compatible and supported by your image rather than buy something going blindly.

vuckpand

Vu+ Newbie
I use Black Hole image.
But I have a big surprise!
After almost a month, the network board has returned on, although it was not visible from the network menu over 35 days.
I can not explain this.