Vu+Solo 4K dead

ashwin

Vu+ Newbie
pls help me. my solo 4K just blue led . led display dead. usb not respon. lan dead. pls help me my friend mybe have solution. tq before

Attachments

• IMG-20170127-WA0023.jpeg
    IMG-20170127-WA0023.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 69

AlexWilMac

If it is not a major HW failure, one thing you can do is disconnect everything, particularly the internal HDD and also every other USB devices. I'd disconnect also LAN cables. If really nothing happens, it shouldn't be possible also the next try, the reflashing, because you'll probably see nothing connecting a USB flash drive with a image to flash. But trying does not cost anything...
In case, remember to use flash drives not too large (8 or 16 is better) and to try different ones, because some can be unreadable.

ashwin

Vu+ Newbie
already trying. ihave 2 flashdisk . all not respon. also i try flashdisk drive 3.0. its same. mybe any solution sir? tq

nunigaia

already trying. ihave 2 flashdisk . all not respon. also i try flashdisk drive 3.0. its same. mybe any solution sir? tq

Why are you using a 3.0 device? ... 2.0 is recommened. I allways flash my STB'S ... with a kingston DTmicroDUO ( i have one of 8 and 2 of 16GB ), and never had no issues. The USB slot for flashing SOLO4K is an USB 2.0 .

Pen Micro USB KINGSTON DT Duo.jpg

best regards
nunigaia

ashwin

Vu+ Newbie
yes iam understand u mean bro. i have kingstone 8gb USB 2.0. cant detected. led display blank . usb flashdisk not respon. usb 3.0 just tested. tq

nunigaia

yes iam understand u mean bro. i have kingstone 8gb USB 2.0. cant detected. led display blank . usb flashdisk not respon. usb 3.0 just tested. tq

Wich image are trying to install in your SOLO4K?

Have you tried the Vuplus original image, just for despite?

Don´t forget to iniatialize your USB 2.0 device as FAT32 File System.

Download the image from here, and retry: LINK to Oficial Vuplus SOLO 4k image

best regards
nunigaia

bogdanm

You have folder "vuplus " on your usb ?
You no have oithers folders on usb ?
Try format usb in windows and next use to flashing

AlexWilMac

But one thing is not clear, yet, because you've always said your LCD is blank: but when you try to flash your image, do you read anything? (if I'm not wrong, it says "Press Power button etc..." or something like that).
Because if you can read this, your LCD or your box is not dead and it seems just a matter of software.

Ev0

Admin
Try using the HP tool to deep format your usb stick in fat32 (not quick format like windows does).

This takes a little while, but usually solves any issue's with the usb stick and gets it working again.

Mick12334

What happened to your Solo 4K?
Was their a power surge, a lightning strike, or did it just stop working?
It doesn't look like you have anything connected, to the rear of the receiver, not even your co-ax cable, which is good, but does it have an internal hard drive?
Your receiver isn't even getting to the boot up logo, or loader information.
Your video is very dark, but the power cable looks strange, as if there are 2 separate cables, going to your receiver, it doesn't look like the ones, I've seen, in Solo 4K images, is this the original power cable, or is it just the picture?

Your receiver seems to load the same as my VU+ Duo 2, using the front USB port, and holding down the power button, behind the flap, you could try using a rear USB post, a different USB stick, or even holding down the power button, once you've switched it on, at the rear, but I think there might be something else wrong.
If it is still in warranty, contact your supplier, explain the problem, and ask them to check it out.

ashwin

Vu+ Newbie
Tq much Mick for replay. very sorry if dark my video . Power supply use original. receiver not connect anything. internal HDD take out . before sent back to seller. want try first mybe can recovery . :)

Mick12334

After seeing your video I would suspect a hardware problem, as nothing appears to be booting up, and you don't have anything else attached.
A simple solution could be the power supply unit, but I doubt you have a spare one, or access to another, and as the receiver is still under warranty it's not worth taking off the receivers cover, to check for damaged capacitors, or signs of burning, so my advice is that you contact your supplier, and give them a link, to your youtube video.