Vu+Solo 4K dead

Ev0

Admin
Yes I thought that too @insanity

However the box doesn't respond to the usb stick, and the display does not show any signs of life either (both of which should show some activity even if there was nothing on the usb stick).

Is it possible you accidentally flashed the wrong files to the box (put solo2 or solose files for example, inside the solo4k folder on your usb stick) ?

Mick12334

The folder states solo4k but his file associations are messed up, as the bin files are listed as vlc files.
The rootfs.tar.bz2 file might not be listed if he hasn't got winrar, or other program, on his PC, although I haven't tested this theory.

AlexWilMac

I also noticed the strange cable of power adapter. The only simple thing you can try before sending it back (and if you didn't flash a wrong image to your box), is to find a perfectly equivalent power adapter (mine reports an OUTPUT of 12V, 5.0A, positive inside, I tell you because I'm not convinced yours is original). This try hoping it's just your power adapter that got damaged.
And, as Mick already asked, what happened before your STB started having this problem? You had just used it, switched off and then it didn't start the next time? Or you tried to flash something? Or some lightning occurred in your place?
Because, if you had (for instance) tried to flash something, this is a completely different matter.