Vu solo 4k Hard drive

jrbmw

Vu+ User
If I plug in a 500gb ssd drive into one of the usb ports in the back of the solo 4k
Can I mount and use it as the hdd

Regards

nunigaia

If I plug in a 500gb ssd drive into one of the usb ports in the back of the solo 4k

Regards

Yes you can, but why don´t you put it on the back Solo4K SLOT, and it will act as internal HDD!

upload_2018-2-13_20-55-57.png

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Regards
There is no difference between a SSD and a HDD as their logic is concerned.
And, as Nunigaia said, its illogic to use an USB connection when there is a Sata available.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Im thinking of buying either a solo or ultimo 4k. The solo only takes a 2.5 internal hdd and I have a 3.5 in my duo2 .. a couple of 3.5 spare hdds and the 3.5 ssd which will are unused.
So the price of a solo goes up by about £50 for a new drive.

@Alexwilmac.......Yes technically the ssd is the hdd if used but if I used a normal drive I think it would need external power to run it.

AlexWilMac

@Alexwilmac.......Yes technically the ssd is the hdd if used but if I used a normal drive I think it would need external power to run it.

What do you mean by "normal" drive? A 3,5"? Yes, the 3,5 always need power but, apart for the NAS, I gave up with 3,5" because they are not needed any longer (because of the performances of 2,5" ones nowadays) and because they are uncomfortable to manage.
I'm not sure I understood well: is your SSD a 3,5"? If so, if very, very, very uncommon... and I understand why you want to reuse it.
Otherwise, the Solo4K has everything you need: mine's got two double tuners, one (double) for sat and one (double) for DVB-T; an internal 2,5" HDD (SSD in my case) whom I can pull out without the need of opening the box and whom I can immediately put within a open 2,5" USB3 box if I need to do something with it; there is another USB DVB-T tuner and, still, there are two other USB3 ports free...

jrbmw

Vu+ User
I have to correct myself' I was going by the physical size of the drive and it turns out a 2.5 drive is actually 4 inches long ....so my drives are actually 2.5 ones.
so ideal for the solo 4k.That now makes the solo more tempting.Two tuners are fine for me.
Apart from the 4k is the solo in yur opinion a step up from the duo2

Regards

Mick12334

Check on the VU+ website:
Code:
http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0113.php

If you scroll to the bottom, of the page, you will see a chart detailing the features, and functions, of both the Duo2 and Solo 4K.

AlexWilMac

I have to correct myself' I was going by the physical size of the drive and it turns out a 2.5 drive is actually 4 inches long ....so my drives are actually 2.5 ones.
so ideal for the solo 4k.That now makes the solo more tempting.Two tuners are fine for me.
Apart from the 4k is the solo in yur opinion a step up from the duo2

Regards

Of course: because of many, many reasons. First of all, Solo4K is a 4K whilst Duo2 is a HD....
But, more importantly, it has got a more powerful CPU, more ram, a bigger flash... It's enough? Only the Ultimo4K is more powerful.
I don't use it for real 4K because my TV il FHD, but the other features are real.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
And one more thing to add to all that: Solo4K has FBC tuner, like all 4K serie devices (except Zero 4K I guess). It has many superiorities over the classic tuner, BUT also one big disadvantage: There's no blind scan!
It's up to users to decide, according to their needs and preferences.