Vu+ Solo - how to migrate / copy providers to another box?

debixxx

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have two Vu+ Solo and one is already configured and runs great. I'm using the original system not the BH or other. One is already configured, tuned and works fine, but now I would like to migrate everyting including providers to second box. I've copied files from /etc/enigma2 and /etc/tuxbox but after reboot, when I try to connect to my webinterface or just list providers over remote controler it's empty. Some idea? Or I have to tune the second box manualy?

Thanks for answers.

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Hi,

I have two Vu+ Solo and one is already configured and runs great. I'm using the original system not the BH or other. One is already configured, tuned and works fine, but now I would like to migrate everyting including providers to second box. I've copied files from /etc/enigma2 and /etc/tuxbox but after reboot, when I try to connect to my webinterface or just list providers over remote controler it's empty. Some idea? Or I have to tune the second box manualy?

Thanks for answers.

Try to use BDedit it will help you (to install on your PC) :)

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi,

Thanks for answers.
If you want the exact copy of one box to the other you can use backup script to make a copy of your box img, and then flash it to the other box.
Then you just have to configure ip of your new box to have a different address.
Here are the two script for usb or for hdd.

Attachments

• BackUpIMG01_VUsolo_HDD_bh.tgz
    32.6 KB · Views: 23
  • BackUpIMG01_VUsolo_USB_bh.tgz
    41.9 KB · Views: 22

debixxx

Vu+ Newbie
If you want the exact copy of one box to the other you can use backup script to make a copy of your box img, and then flash it to the other box.
Then you just have to configure ip of your new box to have a different address.
Here are the two script for usb or for hdd.

I've copied most directories from configured box and nonconfigured box, than I've run diff -rs conf nonconf and I've most differences in /etc/enigma2 and /etc/tuxbox and than some others in /usr/lib/opkg/status and of course in logs but I've found nothing what's storing providers.

Thanks for the script, I'll goin use it, it's similar at openwrt (https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=11173).

Is posible just to copy some settings/files and not dump mtd to transfare providers to other box?

I'll have several of these Vu+ solo box and if I would like to push some configurations to others, would be great just to copy some files not dump the image and than manualy flash it on others.

debixxx

Vu+ Newbie
Yes this is it you have to instal DBedit, copy your providers from your first Vu+, save them and send them to the other vu+ :)

I don't understand, I've copied files over scp from one dreambox to another files: settings and lamedb. When I've used the DBEdit and received only "Services" it took files, settings,lamedb,whitelist,blacklist. After reboot it works ....

This was what I've did first, before I've start this threat. I've received all files from configured vu+ and put it to nonconfigured ....

Probably mistake between table and keyboard .... arrrg :wacko:

Thanks man :)

Tamaki

Administrator
I've copied most directories from configured box and nonconfigured box, than I've run diff -rs conf nonconf and I've most differences in /etc/enigma2 and /etc/tuxbox and than some others in /usr/lib/opkg/status and of course in logs but I've found nothing what's storing providers.

Thanks for the script, I'll goin use it, it's similar at openwrt (https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=11173).

Is posible just to copy some settings/files and not dump mtd to transfare providers to other box?

I'll have several of these Vu+ solo box and if I would like to push some configurations to others, would be great just to copy some files not dump the image and than manualy flash it on others.
If you just want to copy some settings and you know what files are those, you can use software manager.
You make a setting backup, copy the backup file on the other box and restore it with software manager.