Solo vu+solo red light fix

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Possibly the Solo might be a clone and updating to a recent Black Hole image it's bricked now....:wallbash:

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
my vu+solo is original
Please check your Solo box here:
http://www.vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=38&pagenum=1

Should your box be a clone then there is nothing we could do for you, in this case searching here for solutions will be only a waste of time (yours and ours) as a clone box can in no way be unbricked flashing a Black Hole image!;)

BTW your problem appears likely to be hardware related: even should your box be original, then probably the only solution would be in all cases to have it fixed by a technician, no Black Hole flashing could cure your red light as well.

Last edited:

Nevidimia

Vu+ Newbie
Possibly the Solo might be a clone and updating to a recent Black Hole image it's bricked now....:wallbash:

For VU+ UNO , SOLO , ULTIMO with red LED and an inability BOOT due to a problem with the power supply. Over time during operation Capacitors dry - replace them and forget about the problem.
Why think so but not software problem - Perfect working box, disconnect the power supply and reconnect within 5 seconds -> RED LED!
Wait for 5 minutes to Off and then switch ON the box starts normally.
Personally tested with BH 2.05 , BH 2.0.9.1 , BH 2.1.1

In the movie Armageddon - "and American and Russian troops are rules in China, we also repair BAM - BAM - BAM" (and picks up a stick and started hitting on the equipment in the space shuttle)

jaaa1976

Vu+ Newbie
For VU+ UNO , SOLO , ULTIMO with red LED and an inability BOOT due to a problem with the power supply. Over time during operation Capacitors dry - replace them and forget about the problem.
Why think so but not software problem - Perfect working box, disconnect the power supply and reconnect within 5 seconds -> RED LED!
Wait for 5 minutes to Off and then switch ON the box starts normally.
Personally tested with BH 2.05 , BH 2.0.9.1 , BH 2.1.1

Do I need replace this capacitor in picture ? I bought original solo from e..y with RED light problem
vusoloredlight-vi.jpg

mikoko

Vu+ Newbie
hello can you help me with vu + solo I have a problem I can not anything to do with usb and nulmodem cabal only red LED indicator changes 'm new capatitor the problem is the same all I have read on the forum but I did not succeed

Robsat66

Vu+ Newbie
This is very interesting. I have met with this problem on 5 Vu+solo which won`t boot. I could not open them because they was still on guarantee. Still I thought that it has something to do with some capacitors on the PSU cause I use to fix Echolinks when they won`t boot and the fault was the capacitors. So could you please give the value or values to those capacitors as I have not have the chance to see it from the inside. Thanks

Jules

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks very much Guys,
I have just had the same problem with my Solo.
I opened it up and I could see the cap like in picture was swolen. Just thought I'd mention an other cap a little further into the PSU board of same value was swolen also. I replaced both a 2200uf 10v cap.
(hope this helps someone wih same problem).
Now all working as good as new again.
thanks again to all.
Happy new year,
Julles.

GIGAH

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I'm having the same problem with Vu+ Solo, stuck on red light after few years of working. What do I need to replace exactly and where can I find it to buy?

BR
GIGA

Meloki

Vu+ Newbie
I changed these two capacitors but the problem is stilling. I checked voltage on board and it has 5V. I dont know why deco is with red light.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Meloki

Vu+ Newbie
Hi again. The history was: I updated solo with last blackhole version and it worked perfect. The problem came when I tried to update channels list for other vu+ model. when it finished and I restarted solo it wasnt started again. I dont if problem is there or not. What do you thing?
I need help please!

Meloki

Vu+ Newbie
Morning. I tried update firmware trought serial port but it didnt conect. I dont know what to do. Please help ;(

Meloki

Vu+ Newbie
Morning. I tried update firmware trought serial port but it didnt conect. I dont know what to do. Please help ;(