vu+solo stuck on green light - no picture on tv

Ryan Attard

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, i'm quite an amateur where it involves satellites and decoders. Recently I was turning on my vu+solo and the image on the tv did not show. i noticed that the green led light remained on and when trying to switch off the decoder there was no feedback - always on - not even in stand by- the only way was to turn it off from the plug because the device was getting very hot.

In 3 years this never happened. What I could conclude is that the day before I had a power cut and may be it was doing an update at that exact time.

Can anyone kindly suggest what I can do at this stage?

I've read that I have to flash it and install a new image using a pendrive. Can anyone indicate whether this is the correct path to take and any links are greatly appreciated. Btw, my decoder was using blackhole.

thanks

Ryan Attard

Vu+ Newbie
thanks. I followed the guide, flashed the decoder, light turned green and blinking. removed the pen drive , pressed the reset button on the back, but situation is the same...screen is black however an improvement because before it was showing "no signal" on screen. at least now blank screen :(....any ideas?

Ryan Attard

Vu+ Newbie
ignore my comments. i sorted it out. installed another version of blackhole and issue fixed. thanks a lot for your patience and help

AlexWilMac

I won't never get tired of recommending a full backup or, even better, more full backups saved somewhere in order to have the chance of getting back to working situations.
These are not just simple decoders or set top boxes, closed and invariable; these are more like computers and this means they are complex worlds which can fail for many reasons.
You cannot dream your situation will work forever: sometime just a new plugin or skin installed and the image won't start any longer. Do you want to reflash your box each time this happens?

Ryan Attard

Vu+ Newbie
yeah you're right. this was something unexpected in 3 years of using vu+.

listen maybe you know. before my box became corrupted I had a channel list which was being updated automatically. i never did anything. do you know a thread which can guide me to re-setup this again?

AlexWilMac

I'm the wrong person to talk about channel lists automatically downloaded or set: I just HATE these plugins. I want full control on my channels and, honestly, I don't see why I cannot do this incredibly tiring work of... manually launch a search and wait for 5 minutes.
These are times of fast food, fast wash, fast everything: but I'm more a slow (good) food fellow.